Author Topic: Wings and surf  (Read 1509 times)

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wings and surf
« on: October 03, 2020, 05:12:45 AM »
While going out through thigh high surf yesterday, I fell off and when I resurfaced the wing's leading edge had blown. Argh!!!! From folks experiences, which wings hold up better in the surf?

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wings and surf
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 05:20:34 AM »
Was the leash attached to the leading edge handle or leash attachment? After word of some F1's tearing apart from the leash attachment, I've put a 8 inch extension and attached leash to the leading edge handle and have had zero issues. I recommend this with all brands.

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 05:34:19 AM »
Leash attachment. So the handle takes the load? Thanks....will do.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 07:09:05 AM »
I have no idea why the manufacturers don't recommend this or incorporate their leash attachment into the handle structure. I don't care how long kites have been using that kind of attachment, kites don't have surf pulling on their pump leash loop. That's a totally dopey way to attach a leash. I've been connecting my leash to the handle since the first time I really looked at how the leash loop is made. It's a blowout waiting to happen--and why? The handle is much better reinforced and is an obviously better choice. But yes, you need a little extension on the bigger wings.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal