Author Topic: Where did all the bikes go?  (Read 4336 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Where did all the bikes go?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 09:12:55 PM »
I liked both escape country and Saddleback park but my favorite riding area was Gorman. Unbelievable to see that it's all neighborhoods and tract homes now. Back in the 70's that seemed like the wilderness. We were riding the trails once and found a light plane upside down in a tree. the pilot and a woman passenger were still alive but both had broken legs and were hanging upside down from the belts 40 feet in the air. I went and got firemen and EMTs while my buddy tried to keep the woman calm. She was screaming continuously. I had the easy job.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where did all the bikes go?
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 11:29:17 PM »
What an experience. My wife's a nurse and it seems like that kinda stuff always happens in front of her. Last year she was running on a beach trail and a guy drops right in front of her. He was having a heart attack and went unconscious. She starts CPR, instructs people to call 911 and call his family with his phone. A year before that, we were skiing and this little kid falls out of a lift chair from at 25 ft up. Lands about 15 ft front my wife. Nothing serious but a bloody nose, but my wife was on it. I just hear about all this after the fact.

Saddleback Park was my regular motocross spot for sure. Here's a picture of my uncle riding his BSA 500 MX at Saddleback Park.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal