Author Topic: Axis 19mm Plate mount - WANTED  (Read 1340 times)

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Axis 19mm Plate mount - WANTED
« on: August 13, 2020, 09:31:17 PM »
I'm looking for a 19mm plate mount for Axis foil mast, new or used.
 Axis won't have them in stock for a couple more weeks.

Also looking for a 75cm or longer mast.

PM or Text 770 2Five6 9634
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: Axis 19mm Plate mount - WANTED
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 03:23:53 AM »
The new Naish S25 masts are in stock. Stiffer, and may fit the Gong, since they are backwards compatible to the older Naish. Even if they don’t fit, it’s likely close and less machine shop cost to make work.

Although retail on the 75cm mast is $455 for the one piece bonded mast and plate. But if no machine shop required, you save even with the high cost mast.

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Axis 19mm Plate mount - WANTED
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 07:30:54 AM »
The new Naish S25 masts are in stock. Stiffer, and may fit the Gong, since they are backwards compatible to the older Naish. Even if they don’t fit, it’s likely close and less machine shop cost to make work.

Although retail on the 75cm mast is $455 for the one piece bonded mast and plate. But if no machine shop required, you save even with the high cost mast.
Yes, good suggestion. I was waiting for that Naish mast to come out to get the details of it. Being a lot lighter than the Axis mast and possible not much needed to make it work on a Gong fuselage are some good reasons to go that way for sure. But the price is pretty steep for me, especially since ill be wanting more than one mast. I have 2 shorter Axis mast coming and or now ill ill play with those as soon as i find a plate mount.

Funny how the Gong mast wasn't giving me to much problem until we got behind the boat with the XXL wing and the 55cm tail. With the stock plate mount and a 65cm mast i found times when the board was pointing at 2 O-Clock when the board was heading toward 12 O-Clock.   
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal