Author Topic: I got GONG'd  (Read 4744 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: I got GONG'd
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 08:36:43 AM »
Yup. Unquestionably.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 08:46:42 AM »
After reading this, I did a bit of Googling and came across this article, which claims that the US Postmaster General is colluding with Trump in order to interfere with the forthcoming election.

Is this a widely held belief in the US? Do you believe it to be true?

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/dejoy-usps-postmaster-general/
Yes, colluding with foreign countries is so 2016. Nowadays we simply put the scum on top of the pond for all to see, and then make no bones about colluding with them openly from the podium with both middle fingers raised to the maybe we'll count your vote general public, and call it "Demockery", a new US political system. Works really well if you also have an equally fraudulent leader of one of the "checks and balances" houses meant to detour such flagrant BS. "Merica!"  ::)

Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 04:06:38 AM »
Yup, in 2020 we have movements to defund the Postal Service and the Police.  What could go wrong?

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2020, 08:02:58 AM »
After reading this, I did a bit of Googling and came across this article, which claims that the US Postmaster General is colluding with Trump in order to interfere with the forthcoming election.

Is this a widely held belief in the US? Do you believe it to be true?

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/dejoy-usps-postmaster-general/
Yes, colluding with foreign countries is so 2016. Nowadays we simply put the scum on top of the pond for all to see, and then make no bones about colluding with them openly from the podium with both middle fingers raised to the maybe we'll count your vote general public, and call it "Demockery", a new US political system. Works really well if you also have an equally fraudulent leader of one of the "checks and balances" houses meant to detour such flagrant BS. "Merica!"  ::)
Ok, since I am not a US citizen, I am baffled as to why Trump maintains so much support. It was blatantly obvious that he was an amoral opportunist since way before he was elected, and now he's president he is dismantling much of what has made the US such a successful country that so many people feel such affection for. Are his supporters ignorant of this (and if so, how?), or do they think that the US will be better if the checks and balances that have led to the US becoming the most powerful country in the world, by improving decision-makimg, are swept away? The problem for us, and the rest of the world, is that he is getting away with such casual corruption and prolific lying that he is encouraging the same behaviour in OUR leaders.

Many US commentators on the media in European outlets are saying that he is in effect destroying the GOP too, since anyone with integrity wants nothing to do with this administration, and find the policies too extreme.

Who would have thought that geopolitics might determine the cost of a wing? :)

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 10:45:16 AM »
Living life in ones lizard-brain.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:58:34 AM by all~wet »

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 11:21:42 AM »
Self deleted...never mind. :-X :D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:30:17 AM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 11:42:51 AM »
Many US commentators on the media in European outlets are saying that he is in effect destroying the GOP too, since anyone with integrity wants nothing to do with this administration, and find the policies too extreme.

You mean Mitt Romney and Jon Kasich?  Outside of that I don't see a whole lot of separation of the GOP from Trump. 

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »

You mean Mitt Romney and Jon Kasich?  Outside of that I don't see a whole lot of separation of the GOP from Trump.
Interesting. So the ship is going down with the captain?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »
I don't see it as a foregone conclusion that the ship is going down.  Trump is currently polling at ~ the same 44% approval range that he has been at for years (and I think we can safely assume that their is hidden support as well) .  All of the events that seemingly would have swayed his party and his following do not appear to have done that.  Possibly the opposite.  If the GOP disagrees with him they sure have not shown it through action.  For those of us who have been opposed to essentially everything that Trump has done it has been stressful to experience. 

I thought that there was a real opportunity for us to oppose this with a moderate Democrat alternative.  We aren't doing a great job with that.  There is an increasingly vocal and visible Dem faction that could make it hard for traditionally Republican voters who are tired of Trump to join our side.  I am also not convinced that we have a strong draw/strong turnout ticket with Biden/Harris.  Our best hope is that the vote against will be sufficient.  I would love to see a blowout that would send a that was not us message to the world, but at this point any win would suffice.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2020, 07:17:21 PM »
I wasn't meaning that Trump will lose the election. I meant that ultimately the course that Trump is taking can only end badly, eventually, and then all those anywhere near his orbit will be spending years being investigated.

We have a similar problem in the UK. And so social and economic inequality is growing, and we have seen more people per capita die from covid than probably any other sizeable country.

But I guess that Trump supporters will be over-represented amongst the covid deaths. (As Brexit supporters will be in the UK.) So there will be a strange kind of irony in that. 

And importing Gong wings is set to become more expensive for us too...

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2020, 06:58:52 AM »
10,  We have a cultured a self-destructive gene since the late ' 60s that has metastasized to the point the general types of people who support Trump are seemingly prepared to shot their neighbors   ...openly discussing revolution (more guns than people here) and, clearly themselves in the foot, to make sure the 'their values' are not shared with Blacks, Browns and any 'others'.  (that may be their only differing base value I can see...)

There was a fellow who took a filet knife to us in Rolling Stone.  It's a long, but sobering read.  I'll post it in the general catagory also.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2020, 03:38:38 PM »
10,  We have a cultured a self-destructive gene since the late ' 60s that has metastasized to the point the general types of people who support Trump are seemingly prepared to shot their neighbors   ...openly discussing revolution (more guns than people here) and, clearly themselves in the foot, to make sure the 'their values' are not shared with Blacks, Browns and any 'others'.  (that may be their only differing base value I can see...)

There was a fellow who took a filet knife to us in Rolling Stone.  It's a long, but sobering read.  I'll post it in the general catagory also.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/

Jim
Great article. What is remarkable is how soon China will overtake the US as the world's largest economy. With the influence of the US in the world greatly weakened by Trump, and the US divided amongst itself, this could be a painful time very soon as the US wanes economically and culturally.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/07/largest-global-economies-1992-2008-2024/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal