Author Topic: Hurricane Isaias Front Runners  (Read 1507 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Hurricane Isaias Front Runners
« on: August 07, 2020, 10:08:02 AM »
New forum format threw me a curve ball! These are highlights from 8/01 when the Hurricane Isaias was off Puerto Rico. She was sending long period swells and building with the incoming here in New Jersey. I had worked all day (Saturday) cutting lawns and doing turnovers (cleaning rental apts). Finally got out around 3PM. A fellow surfer commented that I shoulda blown off my work for the morning glass. I replied "Now that I'm 62 my priorities seemed to have shifted"!  :P
  btw, board is still holding, Bean!
Uploaded to the SOLOSHOT hosting website. (Cross posted in General Discussion)
https://app.soloshot.com/video/9f0ed357-88ba-4c73-b5d3-3550cf0bd3a0

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 10:13:11 AM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hurricane Isaias Front Runners
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 11:05:57 AM »
Good to see you out there charging Cookie! All healed up, and back at it. I notice everyone social distancing on the beach and wearing masks... NOT! It looks the same here except we've had no swell for weeks. <1' across the board. Plus the south wind suck donkeys. Up side is I've been doing a lot of distance paddling.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 07:27:15 AM »
Thanx, TD. I'm not quite completely healed/rehabbed but getting there. Still taking it pretty slow out there. Was pleasantly surprised I was able to tackle that little groundswell. Mostly it's been wind swell here.
  Social distancing and masks here at the beach in NJ?! Not happening. People are adhering to the mandatory wearing of masks indoors though. I guess we'll hafta see what the future brings.
   Hope you're getting some surf time in.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 07:56:40 AM »
What fun Cookie...and great save on the submarining nose one!! :o Thought for sure you were going in, but then, DOINK!, up and running like nothing happened. Looks like had a blast...stoked for ya.  ;D
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

supthecreek

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 10:36:12 AM »
Cookieman is back on board!

I see you and Blaine are still on good terms... that's a great board!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal