Author Topic: It's official  (Read 3122 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
It's official
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:09:05 AM »
The sticker is on my truck.

Creek knew I was interested in a Search Point Break and when he heard about a very gently used one available he gave me a call. I've been out on it twice and love the way it feels and paddles. can't wait for some surf to get it in.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's official
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »
What a perfect fit for you. I'm stoked to hear you're able to overcome your balance issues enough to paddle and surf.... 8)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 08:08:26 PM »
It is a great fit.
I suck more than I used too but it's still fun.
Paddling the virtual CCBC this year on it....15 miles is going to be a challenge for me this year but I can't wait to get on the water with a small crew of close friends. The route has us entering a river mouth where there is usually surf.....some very long rides if there are waves. Always fun to surf during a CCBC..... :). We'll take a break at my buddy Tim's place which is on an island at the river mouth, recharge our hydration packs, etc...then paddle up the river to Levitate surf shop. Going to be a great day!
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 12:54:13 PM »
Congrats.  I have not gotten to ride mine yet but that will change this weekend.  Love the look and the feel of the board.  Big shout out to Rick for hooking you up on a gently used new version.  Should be a blast.

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 12:59:23 PM »
Welcome to the team.Love mine. Use it in all big or small.

lopezwill

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 08:12:16 PM »

Great news! 

Looking forward to a ride report.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 06:45:33 AM »
I still haven't had it in a wave yet but I took it out for a 6 mile paddle to Brown's bank last week. I wouldn't call them waves but it gets so crazy with all the conflicting currents that chop was coming from 3 different directions. Frequently looks like a washing machine and is a great place for me to get some balance therapy. I worked out in it for a half hour and was gassed. Took a break on the bank and ate lunch....such an awesome place. I was sitting on my board in 6" of water without another soul within a mile. One of the folks on a local FB page said they saw me out there from their boat and were just about to call the harbor master that someone was stranded way out with the tide rising when she saw me get up and start paddling.
Lots of fish in the bay...even a small 6 foot blue shark that let me get close before she took off. I think her belly was full of fish, either that or pregnant.
Bob

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 11:47:33 AM »
Good luck with your new Search. New board equals new stoke.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal