Author Topic: Go Foil Complete Package  (Read 4348 times)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Go Foil Complete Package
« on: August 04, 2020, 10:39:07 AM »
Go Foil Clearance Sale!  Everything you need for any condition that’s presented to you. From beginner to advanced there’s a combination in here for you. All components in good to very good condition. Mounting hardware included…just add board, paddle, leash, and go kill it.

Front wings: GL210, GL180, Iwa, Kai.
Stabilizers:  18W + Pedestal, Maliko, Kai
Mast/Fuse: 29.5 Tuttle w/adapter for track mounting if needed (adds another 3” in height)
Covers: Wing covers for GLs and 18W, and a one piece front, back, and fuse cover for Iwa/Kai wings, and one piece mast cover.

Looking for one buyer at this point.

Retail is $3,875

Price is $2250.  Split UPS shipping.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:46:51 AM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Go Foil Complete Package
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 08:58:33 AM »
OK, willing to break up the set...lemme know what you want.

Prices by the piece
GL210 - $700
GL180 - $600
18W -     $75
Pedestal - $125

Iwa - $300
Kai -  $275
Maliko stab - $110
Kai stab - $100

29.5" mast - $400
Adapter - $100

Make up a set of several items and make me an offer. Covers included on items that have them remaining (only one cover between the Iwa and Kai sets). Let's talk, wife found the stash of new and old wings (but doesn't know I have more arriving tomorrow :o)...so these need to GO! "Buy a wing, save a marriage". :D
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:51:29 AM »
so these need to GO! "Buy a wing, save a marriage". :D
Lmao! Can relate. I thinned the quiver recently too! Definitely makesthe spouse happy.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 11:53:08 AM »
so these need to GO! "Buy a wing, save a marriage". :D
Lmao! Can relate. I thinned the quiver recently too! Definitely made the spouse happy.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

PabstSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
Hey Sano - do you have any recommendations on what I would want to use to start getting into foiling in waves with a SUP (was thinking of modifying one of my two 8'10" Sunova Speeds with a box before picking up a foil-specific board.  I'm 6'3" 190lbs and a strong surfer and will probably be using it in sloppy east coast short period conditions (though I imagine I'll get foil brain and start doing it all the time)... 
Hobie Raw 8'11
Sunova Flow 8'4"
Sunova Speeed 8'10
SIC Bullet 14' ASS

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 02:01:06 PM »
Grind him down into paying shipping on the whole setup. :) You'll want everything he has listed at some point over the next year.

Minimum you'll need.

Mast
Adapter
Iwa
Kai and Maliko Tails

You should also get

GL180
18w
Pedestal

So by this point you might as well get the Kai and 210 also. :)

rw2

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 02:20:48 PM »
PM sent

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 04:28:07 PM »
Hey Sano - do you have any recommendations on what I would want to use to start getting into foiling in waves with a SUP (was thinking of modifying one of my two 8'10" Sunova Speeds with a box before picking up a foil-specific board.  I'm 6'3" 190lbs and a strong surfer and will probably be using it in sloppy east coast short period conditions (though I imagine I'll get foil brain and start doing it all the time)...
Sure, I'd be happy to help where I can, but I'd also suggest starting a new topic to ask the question to everyone, as there's a lot of varying, and good advice from all here. But to answer your question...

My advice would be to go with the smallest board you're comfortable standing on - and remember the 2' of mast and foil will add a lot of stability - so you can probably go shorter than you might imagine...and the largest foil for the conditions you plan on starting in.

You're a couple inches taller than I am, but we're about the same weight, and I started in a 7'3"x 28"x110 liter foil specific board, and had no problem standing on it (after the first few "oh shits, what did I do?" in the initial paddle out), after having a 7'8"x30"x125 liters "mini Simmons" shaped SUP that I'd been on for a year, and was just about the same stability of the 7'3" with the foil under it.

While definitely the least expensive route, modifying your 8'10" Sunova I personally don't think would be your best choice if you really want to get into the sport...as the more board you have out in front of you, makes the lever arm just that much longer - and increases the difficulty exponentially the longer you go - with being able to control the lift, and leveling of the board.

So depending on the foil board market in your area (they're as cheap and $400-500 here for a nice used board), I'd say if you can find an inexpensive sub 8-foot, and preferably somewhere around 7'6" (+/- a couple inches either way)...go that route over anything 8'-8'6" and up.

I started originally with a 7'8" Slingshot board, and small Slingshot wing, and never got it going for any that might be considered an acceptable flight. It wasn't until someone showed me that the Slingshot wing was so undersized (they initially rebranded their kite wings into "Surf/SUP" wings...they've corrected that now) that there was no way in the world it was ever going to fly me...

(Not my actual Slingshot wing on the top, but you can see what I had compared to the Iwa in the foreground that I eventually ended buying)

So don't make the mistake I made to try to "get in on the cheap" (the Slingshot board and foil set together was less than the Go Foil set by itself that I ended up buying), but if you really think it's something you want to get into, at least find some good used gear in the right shapes and sizes (foil specific boards don't have tail rockers that SUP boards do), rather than try to just "run what ya brung", and end up struggling more than you would have otherwise. Or even worse, just get so frustrated that you give up on the sport completely, and miss out on what many of us have found so addicting it's all we do in the surf line nowadays.

JMO, I'm sure OMMV.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 08:45:23 PM »
Things have been moving, and much appreciated. Here's what's left

Prices by the piece
GL210 - $700 (Actually thought this would go first; it's been in the water twice, and basically brand new).
GL180 - $600
18W -     $75
Pedestal - $125

Iwa - $300
Kai -  $275
Maliko stab - $110
Kai stab - $100

29.5" mast - $400
Adapter - $100

Thanks,
Sano

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 10:44:39 AM »
C'mon Zoners, we're almost there!! Only two pieces left...

(1) GL210 for all of you GF wind wingers out there...

"Air Boom" Ron (seriously...lol) on his 210 and a Gong 7m in 11 mph wind.

(1) Maliko tail wing for all of you GFers who know you want to cut one down in size between this big dawg and the squeaky puppy Kai tail.

NOTE: The 210 is like brand new but needs to go foil with someone else since I ain't got nuttin to put it on any longer. Literally it's been in the water twice, and has one little minuscule paint chip on the very front edge that you could cover with a dime, and one - from the factory - paint flaw that's under the resin, neither of which effect performance in the slightest...

...the white above and to the left is just a reflection. It's boxed and ready to go...had a "buyer" - just not a "payer" - so it can be on it's way in a flash.

Let's move these things! Not desperate so I'm not going to give them away, but I'm also not going to hesitate to get them outta here in a heartbeat if the price is right (psst, ignore that previous "$700" price)...so let's do this!. ;) ;D

rw2

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 07:54:35 AM »

Pabst, sent you a PM.

SanO, thanks for the great communication and timely shipping! Psyched on the new gear.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 09:55:31 PM »
Well today concludes the clearance sale; everything has now found great new pilots to fly them.

Thank you to gzasinets, rw2, jondrums, and NJkiter for agreeing to provide new homes for everything, and for making all of the transactions go so smoothly...much appreciated.

Mahalo,
Sano

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2020, 08:38:31 AM »
Congratulations to you and your wife for saving your marriage!   ;D

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2020, 09:14:56 AM »
Hahaha!! Thanks Cowboy, but now after showing her the PP receipts to appease her...she's now thinking I'm going to get her something nice with it for our 38th anny this coming Friday.

Sure hopes she likes the new Axis ultra short fuse, and 460 stab I bought her last night, I think it'll be a really big surprise for her. But "mums" the word...I'm hoping that she'll let me take it out for a spin when she's not using it. :-X ;)

"Hi, my name Dave, and I have a foiling problem." ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal