Author Topic: Waydoo Flyer One efoil  (Read 4183 times)

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
Waydoo Flyer One efoil
« on: August 02, 2020, 10:39:52 PM »
Sorry if in wrong spot couldn't find the video thread , my last run on the Waydoo trying out their new big explorer wing , pretty fun easy rig to ride.
Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Waydoo Flyer One efoil
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 07:27:32 AM »
Thx for this Piros. Seems like this will be a way more reliable water toy for folks with boats. Skis take so much maintenance. Also probably more fun in more conditions. Watching these evolve.

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 06:42:35 PM »
For sure and these are pretty good value at $5,500 US$
Von Piros Productions

Seattle-Wind

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 03:22:07 PM »
Cool video Piros, thanks for posting. Is that your Waydoo? I’ve been following Waydoo and their KickStarter campaign closely, since they would be the first relatively affordable Efoil for the masses. How has the reliability been? What has been your overall experience with it?

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »
Sort of mine I'm just a tester will eventually give it back. All my gear is early proto and I did have a pairing issue with the remote , they eventually replaced my motor / assembly as it's all one piece . It turned out to be a programming issue which they have now resolved. They have a pretty big backer it's the DJI parent company that does the commercial side of drones for DJI . It's a stripped down version of an efoil with very clever design innovation to reduce cost. It doesnt have the speed , finish , battery life or extras of the Filteboard or Lift but it's still a really good eFoil. Very light and so simple to put together and simple to use. You get just over an hour out of the battery and apx 20 mph. I really like the high density foam board it's super tough and very forgiving if you land on it. They also have a carbon version coming out at 7k US$ but I havent seen it yet. The production models I believe are being relaesed this month with a few cosmetic variations to my early protos.  That will be the really big test seeing how they perform on mass.
Von Piros Productions

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 05:04:45 PM »
There's a guy who rides some brand of eFoil a couple time a week outside of the surf break at Doheny. I think he launches from the harbor jetty. I've seen him wipe out and get thrown pretty hard a few times in choppy conditions. He just kind of goes around in circles.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »
I’ve heard efoils are the best way to learn to turn a foil well. I forget the name but there’s a guy on The Progression Project who talks about using one to progress more quickly for surfing.

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 11:03:16 PM »
Testing the Waydoo in some small waves at my home break .

Von Piros Productions

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »
Updating my post from August. Efoils are 100% the way to learn to foil. I’ve had 2 sessions on them and every time I ride one I move my foiling forward a month or more.

If you want to learn to foil, paying for a few rental sessions is worth the money for sure.

Evan Lloyd

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 04:16:13 PM »
I sent them an email asking them to take my money but I haven't heard back yet.  We're probably close to having these e-foils commercially available, but not quite there yet.  I'll update the thread if I hear back from Waydoo. 

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 11:33:04 AM »
I sent them an email asking them to take my money but I haven't heard back yet.  We're probably close to having these e-foils commercially available, but not quite there yet.  I'll update the thread if I hear back from Waydoo.

Dangling modifier.  What does this mean?

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 09:00:51 PM »
I know an ambassador here in LA. Word is they are opening a west coast service center. DM me and I’ll connect you guys.

oldfartsuperdad

• Malibu Status
  • Its All About the Journey - Duh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 07:08:40 PM »
The Waydoos have and are arriving as we speak for the Kickstart campaign backers.  Teething pains abound but they are quickly getting their act together and these are well designed and a lot of fun!  Mine arrived a week ago to the PNW - this quick pic from my very first trigger pull...was quickly standing and driving around on the first battery charge.  Some really fun crashes too....hence the full body protective gear.   Agree that its a quick way to learn!
SIC Bullet V2 14
Custom L41 S3 8.4  145 L
Sunova Creek 9.4 148ltr

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal