Author Topic: 16 miles complete M20 Virtual  (Read 1351 times)

SouthCounty

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
16 miles complete M20 Virtual
« on: July 27, 2020, 10:56:07 AM »
Such a fun weekend of paddling, didn't ever think I could paddle 16 miles
 glad its over ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:03:57 AM by SouthCounty »
14' x 27" Infinity blackfish
10'4 Infinity wide aquatic
14 x 24.5 Infinity blackfish dugout

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 16 miles complete M20 Virtual
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
Good job. That's a great idea PP has there. I used to train hard for and up coming race. That was my motivation. It's hard to train to just train. You need that carrot on the stick. There used to be races almost every weekend. Even mid week sprint races with beers after. Now there are maybe 3 races in a year in SoCal? I'm glad to see the SUP racing stoke continuing.
I just looked at Paddle Guru and there are no SUP races scheduled in SoCal for the rest of the year. Kinda Crazy.. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SouthCounty

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 16 miles complete M20 Virtual
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 05:43:54 PM »
Good job. That's a great idea PP has there. I used to train hard for and up coming race. That was my motivation. It's hard to train to just train. You need that carrot on the stick. There used to be races almost every weekend. Even mid week sprint races with beers after. Now there are maybe 3 races in a year in SoCal? I'm glad to see the SUP racing stoke continuing.
I just looked at Paddle Guru and there are no SUP races scheduled in SoCal for the rest of the year. Kinda Crazy..

Yeah its definitely the sign of the times with covid. The training at Performance Padding is amazing, we do some awesome drills, its literally my gym on the water. I try to attend three days a week and I feel like I just got my butt kicked some nights. We are going to be working on sprints here soon, starting from the sitting position, should be fun. BTW theres always beer in the parking lot afterwards ;)
14' x 27" Infinity blackfish
10'4 Infinity wide aquatic
14 x 24.5 Infinity blackfish dugout

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal