Author Topic: The Streak Continues  (Read 2200 times)

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Streak Continues
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:56:38 PM »
The first time in recorded history that we will have no typhoons before August 1. Still, the normal pulse of the Pacific keeps the spirits up. Too bad it's not quite big enough to sneak under the lip. Won't keep me from trying, though  ;D

Blue Planet carbon NP10 with Futures F6 Alpha bites, and a Blue Planet 4.6" Honeycomb center fin. Love this board, even though it's not much use under the lip.

https://youtu.be/ryl7u-fnE4I

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: The Streak Continues
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 12:37:24 AM »
Nice video. Nice waves to sup surf.

As for hurricanes (typhoons where you live), we had Hurricane Hannah come ashore on the Texas coast just south (below) the city of Corpus Christi late Saturday afternoon (July 25th).
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 07:25:48 AM »
Nice to have knees!
Good to see a tight tuck and cover!

If I tried that,
first.... they wouldn't bend enough to get half that low
second.... I'd never get back up  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep tuck'n... your Typhoon will come!

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 01:14:20 PM »
Green room! ... Well almost. Too much foam. Sure looks fun though. We got nada waves right now. <1' :(
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 06:34:43 PM »
That wave looks great at all sizes Okiwild,  I will have to come to visit you one day! 
Waves are picking up here on Oahu from approaching hurricane Douglas.  It looks like it turned north a bit so it should not be too bad for us on Oahu anyway.

Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 02:17:54 AM »
Nice video. Nice waves to sup surf.

As for hurricanes (typhoons where you live), we had Hurricane Hannah come ashore on the Texas coast just south (below) the city of Corpus Christi late Saturday afternoon (July 25th).

Thanks NW. We always hope for the storms, and at the same time, hope they stay off shore, and do no damage.

Nice to have knees!
Good to see a tight tuck and cover!

If I tried that,
first.... they wouldn't bend enough to get half that low
second.... I'd never get back up  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep tuck'n... your Typhoon will come!

HA! They're not what they used to be! I've damaged the ligaments through a lifetime of showing off in the surf. Can still bend, but snaps are in the past. I've found that yoga...the DDP kind...has really helped.

Green room! ... Well almost. Too much foam. Sure looks fun though. We got nada waves right now. <1' :(

Yea, just a little too small for a big board, and very short period keeps them from really opening up. The reality is, I'm just packing it, trying to figure out where the best place to hide the accessories is :-)

That wave looks great at all sizes Okiwild,  I will have to come to visit you one day! 
Waves are picking up here on Oahu from approaching hurricane Douglas.  It looks like it turned north a bit so it should not be too bad for us on Oahu anyway.

The second this COVID lifts, I'm on a plane to come spend a couple of weeks with you guys and gals. One of your good customers (Cory) has made it here and contacted me. He's kind of locked down right now, but we're going to get him squared away as soon as he can get out.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »
Nice streakin', Oki!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal