Author Topic: How to post images  (Read 2356 times)

liv2surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
How to post images
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:37:42 PM »
I am having trouble adding images. I added as attachments and don't see when I preview (so maybe this is not how to add an image in a post). I see the Images icon [IMG] etc ... but don't understand how to use it.

How is an image added.  I went to help wiki and it didn't help. I got my 2 image below 1000 kb - so that doesn't explain why I can't do it.

Thanks.
5'6 Quatro Wingdrifter Pro 105L; Cabrinha Mantis 3.1m, 4m, 5m and 6m; Axis 1000 (1150, 1020); Project Cedrus 91 cm carbon mast (68 cm fuse, 440/5000 rear); 9'6" CRUZ Surf foil SUP (152L); Chinook Thrust 92 Paddle -- fixed 78" length; 'prone' longboards on the rack, kites in the garage.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: How to post images
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 12:23:09 AM »
The Zone site's software, does not show any images in the "Preview". A bad quirk of this site's software, in my opinion.

Just type your message and add your attachments (images). Then left click on "Post" and your images should show up in the posted message.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 07:04:10 AM »
I am having trouble adding images. I added as attachments and don't see when I preview (so maybe this is not how to add an image in a post). I see the Images icon [IMG] etc ... but don't understand how to use it.

How is an image added.  I went to help wiki and it didn't help. I got my 2 image below 1000 kb - so that doesn't explain why I can't do it.

Thanks.

Hi Liv2Surf,

The image tag is used when you have an image hosted on another site.  In that case you just paste the URL in our post field,  Select it and then click the image icon which will surround the URL with the tag. 

If you are hosting here then you can use our attachments function which appears just below the post field.

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 07:19:53 AM »
On my Mac, I choose a pic I want to upload
I select the pic I want, go to "file" pull down and select  "export".... set my file size and export it to my desktop (and name it 111, so it shows up first when I click "choose file")

When I create a post:
Name the Subject on the top
type message
Click "Attachments and other files"
Click "Choose file"
Double click my "111" file on desktop

Then click "post" in lower right of "post reply" page

From time to time, I experience difficulty, but generally works if your file size is less than 1,000 kb

Note:
To upload a video from YouTube
Copy the URL on top left in the "search" window (pic 1)
Paste in to Zone reply
Highlight the "s" in the URL (see pic 2)
delete the "s"
Then your vid will actually embed in your post, instead of a "link" to the vid

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 08:47:04 AM »
Thanks "stc", I'm on a Mac also, and have been having to go through a bunch of other iterations to get an image posted, this will save a whole bunch of time! 👍 (Edited to remove the test image that's no longer necessary...thanks again!).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:50:21 AM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

blackeye

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 12:01:45 PM »
Thanks creek, that's handy to know.

...and export it to my desktop (and name it 111, so it shows up first when I click "choose file")

My desktop is super messy with legions of temporary files. I never remember if the files there are the only version I have, or copies put there for a temporary purpose.

If I may offer some variations: Export the file you intend to post to a dedicated folder you set up such as "SUZ Photos". Then you can manage them there without losing track of them. I like prefixing the file name by its date of manipulation or posting date, then you just go to the bottom of the list. Use YYYYMMDD. Then you know it's different from the original, and you know when you posted it to SUZ.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal