Author Topic: Shout out to POP Paddleboards Customer Service!  (Read 1801 times)

Kip

Shout out to POP Paddleboards Customer Service!
« on: July 20, 2020, 05:01:47 PM »
I just wanted to give a quick shout out to POP!

I'm currently trying to get my race board from a different company, which has been a bit frustrating (delivered the wrong board, lack of communication, shipping delays, etc). With POP, for less than the price of my race board, I got a 12'x30" Touring, my wife's 10'6"x31.5" + an adjustable carbon paddle and an adjustable fiberglass paddle + two quality leashes. They're nice boards and they perform really well for us and what we do with them, but this is the awesome customer service kicker I wanted to shout out:

I submitted a warranty request because the deck pad was peeling a bit near the handle of my wifes board (honestly probably didn't need to submit it, but wanted to incase they had a known adhesive defect) and within FIVE MINUTES they called me and helped me out. They were super cool and helpful. Just really great service. Wouldn't hesitate to get anything from them in the future.

THANKS POP!

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shout out to POP Paddleboards Customer Service!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 06:51:10 PM »
Nice. I checked out their site, and can't find where they're made, nor construction. Although they do have something that says "check out our board construction page." LOL. Of course, I might just be a dummy... The Guru looks pretty slick.

I've been digging into the "local" built board market, and there's so little information out there  :-[

*edit: Found the construction. Like I said...dummy ;-)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:01:46 PM by OkiWild »

Kip

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 04:25:58 PM »
Nice. I checked out their site, and can't find where they're made, nor construction. Although they do have something that says "check out our board construction page." LOL. Of course, I might just be a dummy... The Guru looks pretty slick.

I've been digging into the "local" built board market, and there's so little information out there  :-[

*edit: Found the construction. Like I said...dummy ;-)

I'm a little unclear on where they're produced too. Though I have seen other similar shapes and handles on the market.

They say they're finished by hand:

"Every SUP board crafted by POP is hand finished; ensuring the each board we shape receives a great deal of attention and soul. Our hand laid glassing fortifies the bonding between each layer, resulting in an evenly structured and lightweight paddle-board. Once dry, each board is hand painted with our signature color blocked designs and polished by hand for a sleek and glossy finish. Using these handmade techniques consistently enhances the build quality and integrity of our paddle boards."

However they're made, my family likes them ! And we love the customer service.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 05:39:16 PM »
For what it's worth, no one makes an epoxy board without 'hand finishing'. I'd love to find a robotic glasser, sander, paint sprayer, and deck pad installer:)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Kip

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 07:52:30 PM »
For what it's worth, no one makes an epoxy board without 'hand finishing'. I'd love to find a robotic glasser, sander, paint sprayer, and deck pad installer:)
Shows you how much I know 😂

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal