Author Topic: Underway under thermonuclear power  (Read 1433 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Underway under thermonuclear power
« on: July 23, 2020, 07:25:59 PM »
Fritz is now boondock-ready, running the air conditioner and all house loads from my Tesla batteries which are charged by my huge (for an RV} PV system. I did a little video on it here. Yes, Admin, it's quite a mess in there, but I cleaned up quite a bit after today's grim wingfoiling session. I don't know why I got those power figures wrong, I'm generally good at simple mental arithmetic. 64 amps at 24 volts is, of course, about 1500 watts. 140 amps, which is what the current draw went to with the oven on maximum is 140amps which is about 3300 watts. So yes, I can bake biscuits and keep the place cool for about 3.5 hours or run the AC and everything else but the oven for about 7.5 hours if there's no sun.

I'm installing an inverter mini-split AC for the bedroom that draws a lot less power. If I'd planned better I'd be running 48V and using a split-phase inverter for a maximum of 240VAC, and I could run the mini-split without the internal AC converter--they actually run on 48VDC. Oh well.

https://youtu.be/y7QUuow-sKs
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:46:06 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Underway under thermonuclear power
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 08:06:04 PM »
That’s quite a rig man. But it’s awesome that you have a rig that basically can run off grid in warm weather with A/C. No generator is sweet.

I’ve been watching these new electric catamarans. Shame that RV isn’t twice as wide, you could drive electric on panels too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal