Author Topic: Fat boy  (Read 1762 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Fat boy
« on: July 14, 2020, 10:40:17 PM »
216 today. Not being able to go to restaurants and wingfoiling all the time seems to be working a lot better than diets. I'm fitting into the levis I stashed at the bottom of the pile that I could have marked "maybe someday" and this evening I tried on a bunch of very expensive (relative to the rest of my ragbag wardrobe) shirts that I bought years ago at a fancy store, only to find that the European version of XL does not mean "fat guy". All but two fit perfectly. I'll need to ditch a few more pounds for those. My Withings scale says I'm 25 percent body fat. Ideal body fat for geezers is supposed to be 13-24%. I'll never make 13, but 24 is in sight.

If this COVID thing doesn't end soon I might need to stop calling myself fat.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fat boy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 12:03:01 AM »
Good to hear Pono. I've started paddling distance again. Standing in the line-up just isn't keeping me in shape. I did over 20 miles last week. See if I can keep it up. My unlimiteds had some dust on them. Feels good to get out there again. Been doing beach launches thru the surf. Too many frick'n people in the harbor these days. It's fun coming in at Boneyard. I roll up next to those long boarders and show them what a long board really is... :) My mega glider.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 12:35:03 AM »
I was hanging in until being forced to the sidelines, and have tried really hard to maintain my intermittent fasting which with foiling got me to where I wanted to be, but w/o the foiling, the lbs packed on pretty quickly. Tried to paddle some off with some distance paddling...unfortunately mine really isn't much distance compared to TD's so it really hasn't done much.

I'm a big believer in interval training, and was thinking about just how much surf foiling falls into that category. Nice easy paddle out, then when your wave shows up, a nice quick rapid cadence paddle ensues with the beginning of the pumping, and then once on the wave, the turning, pumping paddling for up to several football fields and then some to get the heart really racing, and legs burning at times...then a nice easy paddle back out to start it all over again a few minutes later, and you've got a pretty good workout there.

Do that for a couple hours, and 20-25 "reps", and you're burning plenty of calories there to help keep the body fat% down. Hope to get back at it by the end of the week following the Doc's appointment. Fingers crossed. :-\
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 01:53:02 AM »

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 12:00:54 PM »
impressive

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal