Author Topic: FedEx Is Such a POS  (Read 2615 times)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
FedEx Is Such a POS
« on: July 28, 2020, 02:19:10 PM »
Waiting for an order from a kind man in FL that FedEx originally said was supposed to be to me tmrw (7/29), but then last week sent an update saying it would be here today (7/28) by the end of the day...YeeHaw!

Since someone has to sign for it, I waited patiently all morning and into the early afternoon, only to get another email update from them at 1345 hrs saying that it's now not going to be here until sometime tmrw again - like my time's not worth anything - and oh well...F U in other words.

Called their CS who basically said the same thing; that he was sorry, but nothing he can do to change that, offer any kind of refund to anyone - or again in other words - F U dude, just sit and wait for it again tmrw.

F'd up thing is, I've found this to be more common than not with this POS company, with them upgrading a delivery date by a day, and then emailing half way (or later) through the new delivery day that, "Oops, just kidding...it'll be coming tmrw after all".

Happened with our original Go Foil order several years ago, which got so screwed up that StandinDan and myself had to drive to their distribution center 40 miles from us just to get our stuff...and even then once we got there we had to wait "while we try to locate it". WTF? ::)

Well OK, all better now that I got that off my chest. Y'all just saved me a trip to the therapist...much appreciated. But still...F U FedEX!!  >:( :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 02:22:21 PM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: FedEx Is Such a POS
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:30:28 PM »
I use the FedEx app to select hold for pickup, then it shows places it can be held. Around here it’s Walgreens, Kinkos, and other places.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 06:37:52 PM »

Well OK, all better now that I got that off my chest.
Quit putting shit on your chest!   ;)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

toolate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 11:18:07 PM »
you just now noticed?

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 06:00:41 AM »
It's not uncommon - different people/different experiences...  As pretty much a daily shipper for a lot of years, an option to UPS could not have come soon enough.  I loved all the drivers (to this day) but the greedy cult in the shadows ignore any collateral damage on their way to the bank.  Initially, FedEx Ground were all cowboys. They are still contract drivers but my crew is pretty good. I got the impression recently FXG in FL was not as reliable ...but my wife sent a parcel at the UPS store to a friend, who likes her driver, in the Daytona area - got 'upcharged' with some extras ("You want sprinkles on that?") and it took the whole week. 

In these last years, you could bank on one day earlier at ~800mi and 2 days E-to-W coasts.  I don't know the cost differences, as I have not used UPS in years.  (The time difference may disappear if you are in a metro area.)

Jim

Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 09:33:44 AM »
I use the FedEx app to select hold for pickup, then it shows places it can be held
Thanks Dwight, that's probably something I'll have to do the next time I'm expecting anything being sent to me through FedEx.

It's not uncommon - different people/different experiences..."
Agreed Jim, and I'm not one that ships out much of anything, nor do I order a lot of stuff outside of the typical Amazon stuff a few times a month; so I'm not too familiar with all of the nuances of the various shipping companies.

Although I must say that the agreement Amazon has with UPS for returns is really nice. Where I just bring whatever I'm returning to my local UPS store, they scan the Amazon generated UPC return code I show them on my phone, and done. They do all packaging or whatever they do do it to send it back, and I immediately get notified by Amazon that my account's been credited...usually before I even make it out of the store. Quick, EZ-PZ, and I like that...they've also never changed delivery dates on me mind stream, and I really like that as well.

Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »
...F U FedEX!!  >:( :D
My feelings also. They lost the title to my newly acquired xr1200 I purchased in April. Seller in
VA, dealer in Oregon and I live in Ca. What a mess. Need to apply for my third temporary.
Sea ya

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 11:24:16 AM »
Well the cork soakers at F'dEx did it again.  >:(

Ordered an ebike on Aug 14th, where the company created a shipping invoice with F'dEx on Monday the 17th. The tracking number sent showed that F'dEx would pick up the box on Tuesday the 18th, and deliver it to me sometime before the end of the day on Thursday the 20th.

Well, to good old F'dEx form, they never did bother themselves to get around to picking up the bike the next day onTuesday...or Wednesday or Thursday for that matter. It wasn't until I told the bike company late Thursday afternoon (after waiting around all day to again get a late email from F'dEx that my Thursday delivery was suddenly now "pending another date"...not even the next day like the last time), that I was going to cancel my order did they finally kick F'dEx in the balls hard enough, to have them figure out wtf happened to my shipment, and that F'dEx eventually picked up at "12:00 am" on Friday (when the place would have been closed, but maybe they have a key ::) :D)...for supposedly delivery today sometime.

So here I sit, potentially wasting another day wondering if/when F'dEx will ever really deliver my bike, and in what kind of condition it might be in...because somewhere along the journey there was a notification of "Barcode label unreadable and replaced", so curious to see just how it suddenly got "unreadable" and to what extent, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Smh... :-\ :)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:26:12 AM by SanoSlatchSup »

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 11:58:17 AM »
It is not just FedEx.  I ordered some merchandise Shipped from Oregon United States Postal Service 2 day on the 12th and it has been "arriving late" since the 17th and still today's date the 25th tracking only says "arriving late".  Everyday I look up the tracking hoping to see a change, only to see today's date and arriving late.  I know by now it is arriving late but it would be nice to know how late and when.  I consider a message of arriving late as later in the same day, unless specified like "arriving later maybe in a week or two".  Really what the hell?

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2020, 12:03:35 PM »
...but my wife sent a parcel at the UPS store to a friend, who likes her driver, in the Daytona area - got 'upcharged' with some extras ("You want sprinkles on that?") and it took the whole week.
I can now comment on this since I've shipped off 6 different packages with UPS to all parts of the country when selling all of my GF stuff.

When I was absolutely astounded how much UPS (and F'dEx) wanted to charge me to package and ship a package to FL from SoCal ($148), and was about ready to throw in the towel on the deal since shipping was almost half again the price of the package...the buyer patiently stepped me through UPS's website to self package and choose the delivery options, and suddenly the price ($66) and time for delivery were in acceptable numbers for all involved.

So yes, if you go to the UPS Store and ask them to package and ship something for you, expect them to be used car salespersons, and "up charge" you wherever they can. But if you take the DIY route to pack and figure out shipping, and drop it off at the UPS Store yourself with shipping labels already attached...I found them to be not only cheaper than F'dEx, but also way less of a hassle, with none of the delivery F-ups that I'm finding to be more the rule than the exception with F'dEx recently.

In these last years, you could bank on one day earlier at ~800mi and 2 days E-to-W coasts.  I don't know the cost differences, as I have not used UPS in years.  (The time difference may disappear if you are in a metro area.)
If shipping "ground" with both, UPS was a few dollars cheaper (about 7% on average), and "estimated" delivery times were equal with both regardless of location...and so far (I have one package still en route) UPS hasn't missed a delivery date the way F'dEx keeps doing with deliveries headed my way.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2020, 12:20:51 PM »
It is not just FedEx.  I ordered some merchandise Shipped from Oregon United States Postal Service 2 day on the 12th and it has been "arriving late" since the 17th and still today's date the 25th tracking only says "arriving late".  Everyday I look up the tracking hoping to see a change, only to see today's date and arriving late.  I know by now it is arriving late but it would be nice to know how late and when.  I consider a message of arriving late as later in the same day, unless specified like "arriving later maybe in a week or two".  Really what the hell?
I'm guessing you're out of the States, and haven't been following what's been going on with our Postmaster General, and his planned attack on the USPS for the betterment his own personal interest, and political quid pro quo he's attempting to help our wannabe monocrat who appointed him to the position out with.

Best of luck to you. You sound as frustrated with our postal service as many of us have become with La Poste when trying to get our packages from a particular company in France, and I don't blame you. Fingers crossed for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal