Author Topic: Go Foil : Axis : Armstrong : Signature : Cloud IX: ??  (Read 9208 times)

frenchfoiler

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Go Foil : Axis : Armstrong : Signature : Cloud IX: ??
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2020, 11:00:20 PM »
OMG.....this got my attention. Neil Pryde foils are still my all time favorite carving foils. Add in some pump and glide and dreams may come true.

This is really interesting, can't wait to get more informations about this.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2020, 11:34:43 PM »
I think the 1150 is going to suck toads for winging. I could be wrong, but it seems like it will turn even worse than the 1010--which takes a fair amount of effort to turn. The longer a high aspect wing is, the weirder it will be in a turn. If the turn is tight enough the wingtip on the inside of the turn is barely moving and the one on the outside is going fast. They don't really bank, they just roll on their side. My turns on the 1010 are so slow I probably look like I was planning on downwinding and changed my mind.
Bill all due respect hope your wrong as I’m already $800 in the hole on the 1150 waiting for it arrive to compliment my 1020 for a bit more speed and higher end range,not sure what I was thinking really as you know I’m not the biggest fan of HA wings but all I’ve tried are the GF GL series and maybe with some stroke of luck I might like the Axis’s HA version,now you got me thinking about the 1000 Lol

I could very well be totally wrong. I had a very good afternoon on my 1010. I finally figured out how to turn it. You have to turn it like you mean it and stay in it. Ignore the wing during the turn and twist the board into the turn instead of trying to gentle it through. I just started doing some extreme zig-zags, trying to get a better feel for it, and on one of my zigs, I pushed it really hard while I was pretty high up and it did a pretty credible 180. I immediatly fell, of course, but it started the experimentation.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Solent Foiler

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2020, 01:21:16 AM »
That would be a highly effective way for me to destroy my foils...
I'm 5'10", 66kg riding:
Swift Foil Boards custom 4'10 x 19.5" 35L
Gong Lethal 4'6 65L
Axis ART 799, 899, 1099, HPS 880 US & CS Adv fuse, 85cm mast
Gong Fluid L-S, XXL-S on 85cm and 65cm mast
Takuma RS 5.1, 4.3, 3.5

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »
Kane is super irritating--first person I ever saw doing a beach start, and for a long time the only person I saw doing them regularly. I eventually realized he's doing a completely different sport than I am, and I just watch in awe.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 08:27:28 PM »
I think the 1150 is going to suck toads for winging. I could be wrong, but it seems like it will turn even worse than the 1010--which takes a fair amount of effort to turn. The longer a high aspect wing is, the weirder it will be in a turn. If the turn is tight enough the wingtip on the inside of the turn is barely moving and the one on the outside is going fast. They don't really bank, they just roll on their side. My turns on the 1010 are so slow I probably look like I was planning on downwinding and changed my mind.
Bill all due respect hope your wrong as I’m already $800 in the hole on the 1150 waiting for it arrive to compliment my 1020 for a bit more speed and higher end range,not sure what I was thinking really as you know I’m not the biggest fan of HA wings but all I’ve tried are the GF GL series and maybe with some stroke of luck I might like the Axis’s HA version,now you got me thinking about the 1000 Lol
Well finally got to try my 1150 winging and to my surprise I actually really enjoyed it adapted to rather quickly for HA wing,it’s certainly not replacing my 1020 which I love.I found it quite bit faster which is kinda nice but being a longtime foiler going fast is not my goal at all in anymore but sometimes nice to get a little better clip winging than the 1020/500 I used it with a 440 and found it to turn pretty well for such a lg wingspan
I used It in flat water today in 15-25mph comes up on foil real easy with my 225 lbs,with bit better range than the 1020, and the pumpability is a nice perk too great glide!what I really like is the 1150 when hooked in goes up wind really well covered a lot of ground today digging that.One thing I did observe before even riding waves is this will be it’s weak spot for me,much rather ride the 1020 in the waves but overall for large riders on flat water or minimal swell days definitely going to come in handy for me anyways too each his own ofcoarse,but it really surpassed my expectations for a HA wing as they certainly have not been my favorite by any means but pretty stoked on the 1150 definitely has a niche in my winging quiver
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal