Author Topic: So many S25 Naish Wings in Classifieds?  (Read 1793 times)

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
So many S25 Naish Wings in Classifieds?
« on: July 10, 2020, 04:51:38 AM »
Curious why so many Zoners have been selling their S25 Naish Wings?   I ask because I am interested in buying the 6 m when it’s back in stock.

It just seems odd to me that so many Of this new wing have been for sale in classifieds.  Maybe the wings isn’t as great as I think?

Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: So many S25 Naish Wings in Classifieds?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 05:07:05 AM »
People jumping on the latest and the greatest. Each time something new is released, the sport advances. Two of the sellers jumped to Echos. S25 is still more stable and rangy than most.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 05:09:08 AM by Dwight (DW) »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 05:36:11 AM »
I tried the 4.6.  Three major dings.

The handles are mush.
The back handles were in the wrong place for me.  I would have to Spock hand to use them.
The wing is heavy.  I tried on a lighter day and found myself holding the wing up. 

Phils

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 06:12:07 AM »
I am one of the sellers.  Between my wife and I, we started with a quiver of  Naish and Swings.  With experience, I have realized that I can always use one wing size smaller than her so we don't need both quivers.  She is very new to all this and is used to the simplicity of the Swings, so we are selling the Naish.  If she didn't have a preference, it would be a very difficult decision as to which quiver to sell.  The lightness of the Swings is great but I wonder how well they will hold up over time.

The Naish S25 is a very good wing with comparable low end to the Swings and better high end as well as upwind ability (all in my limited, beginner experience).  Heavier but very durable construction and windows. The handle utility question is very individual dependent.  I like the Naish handle setup but everyone is built differently.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:27:24 AM by Phils »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal