Author Topic: Hump Day Mush Burgers  (Read 1846 times)

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Hump Day Mush Burgers
« on: July 08, 2020, 09:15:31 AM »
Hi all,
I broke out the Soloshot3 this morning for the first time in awhile.  Here at the Northern Jersey shore we've had a pretty good run of waves for this time of year.  I should have dusted the soloshot off last week or so but ironically when the surf is good I get amped and don't feel like dealing with the thing even though most of the time only 5 min or so is wasted.  As always this device is fickle it didn't track me at first so I turned it off/on then when I thought it was tracking me it turns out the first 10min of video it's filming over my head then it corrects itself go figure.  The forecast is for some swell in the coming days so i'm hoping to film some good waves.

Me: 5'9ish, 205lb, 56years old.  SUP: Jimmy Lewis Destroyer 8'10 x 31

https://youtu.be/V9jlmU48CQ8
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hump Day Mush Burgers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 09:39:06 AM »
All and all a good session. No crowds, you were trunk'n it, and there were a few waist high ones. I know what you mean about bailing on the camera when it pumping. We had a great swell this past week, and I should have GoPro'd it. When it gets really big, I don't like having addition items strapped to me or attached to my board or paddle.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 05:41:30 PM »
In the middle of the week in board shorts! Great stuff.

I surfed from 11 to 1 today with my 3 daughters in the same basic swell conditions on the Pacific side of the country.

We aren't in trunks over here unfortunately. 3/2 min. What a treat to be in the water with my family today. The beach was full of smiling faces and surfers of all levels in the water.
Make paddleboarding great again!

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 01:31:44 PM »
Nice video Ken, looking good buddy!
I will try to hook up with you sometime this summer!

This has been a really fun run of small waves!
Pretty cool that you have such a quiet line-up to enjoy :)

I am glad you took the time to set up the Solo.... it is a major pain in the butt, so I have to force myself to waste the 30 minutes I lose, getting it tracking correctly.
I set it up today and it only filmed for 40 minutes on a full charge.

That's why I built my "Kook Hat Cam".... simple, takes zero time, will last an entire session and can be replaced for under $150
But, the Solo is still the best view by far!

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 09:01:12 PM »
Lookin' good. Some days those mush burgers are the best thing ever. Just in it for the glide.

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 04:26:15 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.

Rick, it be great to see you again I hope you do make it down to NJ in the near future.

TS Fay is supposed to send solid swell for several days starting tomorrow which can be good or bad for SUP depending on size.  Only having beach breaks can be tough especially at lower tides getting out to the line up on a SUP.  I’ll have my prone board in the car just in case.
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 01:12:02 PM »
Nice waves. Those types of waves are always fun to surf.

Thanks for sharing the video.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal