Author Topic: NEW to all of it  (Read 8514 times)

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NEW to all of it
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 05:47:49 PM »
is this a good brand i like this board, but dont no nothing about the brand.
https://thursosurf.com/stand-up-paddle-boards/waterwalker-all-around-sup/

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »
It's crazy how many inflatable companies are popping up. It must really be a growing market? None of them last that long. The more you roll them up, the shorter the life span.
I just saw this ad on Surfline.... https://atollboards.com/
Out of nowhere. All these companies???
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 07:19:10 PM »
Never heard of that brand either.  Here's one I hear nothing but good things about:
https://infinity-sup.com/pages/air

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 04:28:18 AM »
Well I am limited on what you pick,
And I don't know if these are build with good material or garbage. But right now my options are limited.
Thurso sup and Gili sports sup are both close to price range
What would u pick between these two?

https://www.gilisports.com/collections/frontpage/products/meno-inflatable-stand-up-paddle-board
OR

https://thursosurf.com/stand-up-paddle-boards/waterwalker-all-around-sup/

FoilColorado

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2020, 06:41:53 AM »
Heaps of inexpensive inflatable SUP’s on eBay that look very similar to these 700-800$ boards for $250 shipped. Most likely all are made in the same factory, with different graphics applied. Just be sure whichever seller you choose has stock in country already

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2020, 08:32:17 AM »
Heaps of inexpensive inflatable SUP’s on eBay that look very similar to these 700-800$ boards for $250 shipped. Most likely all are made in the same factory, with different graphics applied. Just be sure whichever seller you choose has stock in country already
not looking to anything off eBay, just looking for feedback or from experience sup riders on the 2 brands above, and what they use to make them.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2020, 10:08:53 AM »
not looking to anything off eBay, just looking for feedback or from experience sup riders on the 2 brands above, and what they use to make them.

The thing is, most experienced paddlers on here have not used those two and for that reason wont have a lot of feedback to give. You say your options are limited. Do you mean as far as price? If so that's understandable but keep in mind as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.  I looked at both those links and their Facebook page in the "about" section.  Thurso Surf doesn't have any info to where they are located.  Gile makes the bold claim they make "the best paddleboards you can buy".  And their mailing address is in the watersports mecca of Las Vegas but no info as to where the company is actually located.  That should be an obvious red flag on both of those. 

To be clear, there are some good quality small companies out there. The good ones are going to at the very least be owned and operated by an avid SUPer or SUPers.  Also they will be headquartered in an area where people SUP. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:10:35 AM by surf4food »

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2020, 11:44:58 AM »

The thing is, most experienced paddlers on here have not used those two and for that reason wont have a lot of feedback to give. You say your options are limited. Do you mean as far as price? If so that's understandable but keep in mind as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.  I looked at both those links and their Facebook page in the "about" section.  Thurso Surf doesn't have any info to where they are located.  Gile makes the bold claim they make "the best paddleboards you can buy".  And their mailing address is in the watersports mecca of Las Vegas but no info as to where the company is actually located.  That should be an obvious red flag on both of those. 

To be clear, there are some good quality small companies out there. The good ones are going to at the very least be owned and operated by an avid SUPer or SUPers.  Also they will be headquartered in an area where people SUP.
my max for a Isup will be about 900$ to 1000$
This is where I been looking at for review

https://www.supboardermag.com/what-are-you-interested-in/?_keywords=Thurso

This website talk allot about them
Is this website good? Or bogus?

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2020, 11:57:35 AM »
Supboarder is reputable. It's reviews are not merely manufacturer content.

Have you set their search filter to 'inflateables'?

https://www.supboardermag.com/equipment-guide/?_tested=1&_construction=inflatable

General advice (sorry if repeats) is to stick with established companies (who have a reputation to maintain), 6" thickness and psi capacity near 20 or above, and keep your eye on Craigslist as well. Some people buy them and don't put them to much use.

I have noticed a ton of new SUPers in my area over the last few months, almost all on inflateables.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 11:59:21 AM by Dusk Patrol »
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2020, 12:17:18 PM »
Supboarder is reputable. It's reviews are not merely manufacturer content.

Have you set their search filter to 'inflateables'?

https://www.supboardermag.com/equipment-guide/?_tested=1&_construction=inflatable

General advice (sorry if repeats) is to stick with established companies (who have a reputation to maintain), 6" thickness and psi capacity near 20 or above, and keep your eye on Craigslist as well. Some people buy them and don't put them to much use.

I have noticed a ton of new SUPers in my area over the last few months, almost all on inflateables.
So the website is good then?
The one I wanted the most is BOTE HD Aero
But they are out, that thurso had more then 1 review on that site, I like that one, Blackfin XL I was thinking about that one, but to much hard plastic on it for all sorts of crazy stuff. The Gili look clean also but don't know Jack crap.

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2020, 12:34:59 PM »
😅 now the Gili is sold out 11'6
Does anyone have a Thurso sup on here? Give a lil feed back? They are on 2 Isup review sites, yesterday there was 15 now 13 thurso 11'6 😒🤔

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »
OK wish me luck i just pulled the trigger on the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around SUP
here are my reason.

#1 yesterday they had 15 of these available now only 8
#2 And they are on 4 websites for reviews, must say somthing.

inflatableboarder
isupworld
supboardguide
supconnect

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2020, 06:09:41 PM »
Well congrats "dee", I Googled the "Waterwalker All-Around" and all had good things to say about it, and it even got a 4.7 on Amazon with 381 customer rating which is almost unheard of there. So it sounds as though you found a good one, even if no one here has heard of them. Keep us posted as to how you like it, and if you'd buy it again which is usually the final question wrt them. Good luck, and most of all... have fun!!
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2020, 08:17:02 PM »
Well congrats "dee", I Googled the "Waterwalker All-Around" and all had good things to say about it, and it even got a 4.7 on Amazon with 381 customer rating which is almost unheard of there. So it sounds as though you found a good one, even if no one here has heard of them. Keep us posted as to how you like it, and if you'd buy it again which is usually the final question wrt them. Good luck, and most of all... have fun!!
OH deff will keep you guys posted, & wil post pictures to,
I found some NRS 9' x 1' straps,  now looking for bungee with S Hook on them?
any suggestions ?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2020, 11:09:03 PM »
I looked at the reviews, to me they looked like someone did a lot of good quality marketing work writing those reviews. Not so glowing that they looked fake, but nothing that would prevent you from buying one. and they made a fine case for buying a better pump from them. Call me a cynic, I think they all came from the same person.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal