Author Topic: NEW to all of it  (Read 8480 times)

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
NEW to all of it
« on: July 05, 2020, 06:43:52 PM »
Hello guys i am new to all of this, I live in Oregon and i have been looking at so many ISUP
but i think i have narrow it down to 2 of them

Gilisports MENO 11'6
https://www.gilisports.com/collections/stand-up-paddle-boards/products/meno-inflatable-stand-up-paddle-board?variant=33079707041923

Blackfin XL 11'6
https://www.irockersup.com/blackfin-paddle-boards/blackfin-model-xl-inflatable-paddle-board/

So like i mention i am NEW to all of it, it will be me & my wife & are 9yr old son playing on it, But mainly me & my sun so i like the weight these 2 can HOLD.......

just dont know jack crap about these brands, both have good reviews But cant find much about this gilisports meno allot out there about Irocker blackfin tho....

I really like the BOTE HD Areo But it does not hold much for weight. I am only 152lbs so BOTE is not made for 2 people

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NEW to all of it
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 07:54:31 PM »
OK i would like to add a 3 one in,
BOTE HD Aero 11'6
https://www.boteboard.com/collections/all-purpose/products/hd-aero?variant=30309826625654

its out of stock, so even tho this one holds lil over 300lbs only i can work with it, like this one allot.
so between all 3 of them dont know much about these, are these a good brand? do they suck? would like to here advice this is why i am here, thanks looking forward to replies

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 09:18:01 PM »
Bote is a pretty big name in the SUP business. Never heard of the other ones. Most of these come from China the the quality of the 'drop stitch' fabric is an unknown. They drop the "military grade" statement on just about every single one, even if they are crap. Biggest name in the inflatable world is Red Paddle company. Top of the line. I had an few ULI's which were actually military grade and top of the line, but they've been out of business for a number of years now. I left my ULI fully inflated for almost two years. Never had a problem. My brother was camping and a couple showed up at the lake with a brand new right out of the box inflatable. They pumped it up, then walked back to their car to get more stuff. 2 minutes later...BOOM! That was it.  ::)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 09:01:48 AM »
I have never heard of those two brands so I would consider avoiding, especially if there is none to very limited info on them.  Bote is pretty well known but is considered a low end brand.  The kind you will find at a West Marine or even a Walmart. If you’re looking for a good inflatable board you might want to look into Red Paddle or even the top hard board brands like Naish, Boardworks, Starboard, Hobie, Infinity, etc.  All have good quality inflatables in their lineup.

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 02:08:35 PM »
Bote is a pretty big name in the SUP business. Never heard of the other ones. Most of these come from China the the quality of the 'drop stitch' fabric is an unknown. They drop the "military grade" statement on just about every single one, even if they are crap. Biggest name in the inflatable world is Red Paddle company. Top of the line. I had an few ULI's which were actually military grade and top of the line, but they've been out of business for a number of years now. I left my ULI fully inflated for almost two years. Never had a problem. My brother was camping and a couple showed up at the lake with a brand new right out of the box inflatable. They pumped it up, then walked back to their car to get more stuff. 2 minutes later...BOOM! That was it.  ::)
Thanks the 2 of you guys, that answered me, yes i see Red paddle CO is top of the line, But i dont like them, very plain not enough bungees to ties stuff down
Just might have to go with the BOTE when they get in stock

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 02:11:45 PM »
I have never heard of those two brands so I would consider avoiding, especially if there is none to very limited info on them.  Bote is pretty well known but is considered a low end brand.  The kind you will find at a West Marine or even a Walmart. If you’re looking for a good inflatable board you might want to look into Red Paddle or even the top hard board brands like Naish, Boardworks, Starboard, Hobie, Infinity, etc.  All have good quality inflatables in their lineup.
other then BOTE whats a good ISUP, that has bungee in front & back of the board to tie gear down and D rings to tie stuff down like a YETI soft cooler?

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 03:17:54 PM »
other then BOTE whats a good ISUP, that has bungee in front & back of the board to tie gear down and D rings to tie stuff down like a YETI soft cooler?

As I mentioned: 
" If you’re looking for a good inflatable board you might want to look into Red Paddle or even the top hard board brands like Naish, Boardworks, Starboard, Hobie, Infinity, etc.  All have good quality inflatables in their lineup."

You might want to research those brands that I suggested to see what features they have on their inflatables. 

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 05:24:29 PM »

As I mentioned: 
" If you’re looking for a good inflatable board you might want to look into Red Paddle or even the top hard board brands like Naish, Boardworks, Starboard, Hobie, Infinity, etc.  All have good quality inflatables in their lineup."

You might want to research those brands that I suggested to see what features they have on their inflatables.
I rent so no room for a hard board, as for red co,  there boards dont have what i am looking for on them.....

SouthCounty

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 06:56:51 PM »
I believe you get what you pay for, buy nice or buy twice, These guys have always put out a very good product for a fair price.
14' x 27" Infinity blackfish
10'4 Infinity wide aquatic
14 x 24.5 Infinity blackfish dugout

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 08:25:02 PM »
You can buy stick on bungee mounts from NSI. Buying a board for the bungee is like buying a car for the roof rack. Easy add on to any board. Literally a 15 min job with zero tools.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 09:18:58 PM »
You can buy stick on bungee mounts from NSI. Buying a board for the bungee is like buying a car for the roof rack. Easy add on to any board. Literally a 15 min job with zero tools.

Yup, and nice analogy. Boards with lots of tie-downs generally have them in the wrong places for you, for one simple reason--they aren't designed by you. The NSI mounts are bulletproof if you install them properly, and almost as good if you screw them up. Just don't make the mistake I did and put one down where you didn't want it--they don't come back up without a lot of suffering.

This year in Hood River I'm seeing more inflatable paddleboards than ever before. the people that show up and seem to know what they are doing are on Reds and Starboards. Beyond that, I don't know much about inflatables. I used to own a Red Dragon--a 22' inflatable that carries 4 (or more). It was bulletproof. We beat the crap out of it and when I sold it I gave it a quick wash and it looked brand new. I ran into the guy who bought it a few weeks ago--he's been having a blast with it. One of those would carry you, your wife, your kid, a dog, your mother-in-law, a barbeque, and a few coolers.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:29:06 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 09:00:57 AM »
Quote from: dee151SUP
I rent so no room for a hard board, as for red co,  there boards dont have what i am looking for on them.....
[/quote

Ok let's see if the third time is a charm. I am very aware that you are not interested in a hard board. That is why I gave you those suggestions. The brands that I mentioned (and many more) all have inflatables in their lineups, and very good ones at that.  Yes they are hard boards brands but AGAIN they all have a lineup of inflatables which is what you said you are looking for. I'm not sure if they have all the features you mentioned but that is why it would be a good idea to research them. And you can do what surfcowboy suggested. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:03:58 AM by surf4food »

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »
Just a quick note on Red Boards. I have two of them and they are great. And to the OP, I have what is now called the “Voyager” in the 13’ 2” size (when I bought mine it was called “Explorer” but they are basically the same board). It is a great board and comes with tie downs on both the nose and tail. This (https://redpaddleco.com/en-ca/product/132-voyager/) is from their Canadian website.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 04:13:34 PM »
Quote from: dee151SUP
[/quote

Ok let's see if the third time is a charm. I am very aware that you are not interested in a hard board. That is why I gave you those suggestions. The brands that I mentioned (and many more) all have inflatables in their lineups, and very good ones at that.  Yes they are hard boards brands but AGAIN they all have a lineup of inflatables which is what you said you are looking for. I'm not sure if they have all the features you mentioned but that is why it would be a good idea to research them. And you can do what surfcowboy suggested.
Starboard Touring Deluxe is nice, its about the only name brand that i went threw that i saw & like
but it seem's to be out of stock, only down fall is max weight is like 260 or so......
its a nice board tho even the 2020 IGO But everything is out of stock

dee151

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 04:32:49 PM »
Just a quick note on Red Boards. I have two of them and they are great. And to the OP, I have what is now called the “Voyager” in the 13’ 2” size (when I bought mine it was called “Explorer” but they are basically the same board). It is a great board and comes with tie downs on both the nose and tail. This (https://redpaddleco.com/en-ca/product/132-voyager/) is from their Canadian website.
That voyager is sweet, i like it, but just like all the ones i like, out of stock....

* Recent Posts

post Re: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming
[Random]
PonoBill
March 17, 2024, 05:30:44 PM
post Re: 2024 North Mode Pro wings:
[Classifieds]
cnski
March 17, 2024, 05:09:04 PM
post Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
[SUP General]
burchas
March 17, 2024, 08:50:00 AM
[SUP General]
Night Wing
March 16, 2024, 07:02:05 PM
[SUP General]
blueplanetsurf
March 16, 2024, 03:28:57 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 14, 2024, 12:38:42 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 13, 2024, 07:59:28 PM
post Re: FS - Ocean Rodeo Glide A-Series Wings (3m/ 4m / 5m), USA
[Classifieds]
StellaBlu
March 12, 2024, 07:27:21 AM
post FS - Kalama Barracuda
[Classifieds]
VB_Foil
March 11, 2024, 05:43:58 PM
post Re: Vision Pro
[Random]
Bean
March 11, 2024, 03:46:42 PM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 09, 2024, 11:06:32 AM
post Happy International Women's Day, lady zoners!
[General Discussion]
LaPerouseBay
March 08, 2024, 07:28:47 PM
[Random]
Admin
March 08, 2024, 04:45:53 AM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 06, 2024, 11:00:24 PM