Author Topic: 3D print wing handles?  (Read 1232 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
3D print wing handles?
« on: July 03, 2020, 08:53:03 AM »
How difficult would it be to design and 3D print some 8 inch wing handles?  Can the commonly available machines produce something suitably rigid and usable?  I see quite a few handles of various types on the file share sites but nothing quite right.  I would be interested in getting a design that could be used in place of existing soft handles (which would be removed).  I would sacrifice my 6.0 Swing for testing (rarely used).  The design would be very simple Oval grip handle attached to two curved strut plates. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: 3D print wing handles?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »
Easy if you get someone else to do it for you. You can get any material printed in 3D, including Titanium. Xometry is probably the technology leader. I have two 3D printers but I haven't run them in probably four years. The best one doesn't do strong resins, and the one that does Polycarbonate thanks to my brutal temperature control hack craps out in mid print a lot. At least mine doesn't burst into flame like some of the hacked ones.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal