Author Topic: Grav Grip Battery Free Camera Stabilzer - waterproof  (Read 1269 times)

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
Grav Grip Battery Free Camera Stabilzer - waterproof
« on: July 02, 2020, 07:34:13 PM »
Saw this project today and backed it.  Unsure what I'll use this for, waterproof stabilizers are hard to come by so who knows...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gravgrip/gravgrip-battery-free-camera-stabilization
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: Grav Grip Battery Free Camera Stabilzer - waterproof
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 05:56:11 AM »
Cool little piece, eh, Clay?  I did not want to linger there too long, but I didn't see a release date?   Rob Pirie's gotta have one of these.  Here's one of my favorites of his.  ...' occasional morning inspiration to perk up the day.

Jim

Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 07:57:16 AM »
Cool, simple solution. I dig it.

August 2020 is release date. But Ami right that it’s not suited for 360 due to the mount position? Or will the cams correct for that?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »
Nice, its basically a short-coupled steadycam. I'm surpirsed it works as well as it seems to. I made a larger steadycam ages ago, we used it at the SUP test we did back in 2007 with the steadycam mounted on a long boom pivoted to a short mast on my Hobie Adventure Island trimaran. It worked great until I realized I was missing all the fun and beached it to go play. Mr. Responsible.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 02:52:19 PM »
Cool.

For me 360 cams have the stabilization built in, whether done in camera or software, and no need for a mechanical stabilizer.  The problem is that stabilization comes at the cost of resolution and fps, the hero 6/7/8 looks so much sharper and nicer picture quality than the max.   I have tried the electronic gyro stabilizers and so far to heavy and to problematic in salt water surf.  So I am hoping this gravgrip will give me more reasons to use the hero 7/8.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:00:59 PM by clay »
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal