Author Topic: I need to get serious about the mask again.  (Read 1116 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
I need to get serious about the mask again.
« on: June 25, 2020, 05:52:14 AM »
It was easy to start wearing a mask.  My wife was a surgical RN and I know the drill.  It was/is however too easy to slack when you visit people you know are not sick.  Some don't wear masks for political reasons.  I may nearly out of calendar days but I am healthy. I could possibly beat COVID.  But, I need to print this and keep it in the car.

Jim

Nightly’s Myah Ward asked: What have we learned about recovery rates and the long-term health effects of Covid-19?

“What we're seeing is that many of them, at least at one month of follow up, are still having significant pulmonary complaints, they're short of breath. They're still having chest pain. A lot of them still have abnormal X-rays. Many of them, up to 40 to 50 percent of them, still have abnormalities in their breathing that we can measure. A lot of them are having symptoms of post traumatic stress. Some of them have anxiety. Some of them are showing signs of depression. And the lung is not the only organ that was involved in this pandemic. Many of the patients have had neurologic abnormalities. A lot of them have kidney abnormalities. We're going to see that there is a significant health care burden that's going to be associated with the Covid pandemic for a very long time.” — Rany Condos, pulmonologist and director of the advanced lung disease program at NYU Langone Health

“One of my colleagues is exactly my age, healthy. He got Covid. He came within a couple hours of being intubated. He was hospitalized for seven days, lost 15 pounds, had to go home on oxygen, and hasn't been able to work for two months. He is so weak. This is a healthy 64-year-old man. We have seen issues with pulmonary compromise. We've seen issues with Myocarditis, with acute kidney injury. There's beginning to be and this will likely be a longer term understanding of what effect has Covid infection on the brain. We know it can cause loss of taste. We know it can cause loss of smell. Does it do other things to the brain? And there’s been some initial suggestions that yes, there is. What about long term effects on the fetus? No one knows yet. Remember that everything we know about this virus is what, 22, 23 weeks old.” — Gregory Poland, professor of medicine and infectious diseases at The Mayo Clinic, director of the Mayo vaccine research group
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

iopsailor

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: I need to get serious about the mask again.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 02:34:01 PM »
I just decided this thing is going to be around a long time so I ordered some serious masks online. I’ve been using paper masks in stores on the theory that anything is better than nothing but as I hear more and more horror stories, I want to do all I can to stack the odds in my favor.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal