Author Topic: My New Ride  (Read 5677 times)

safetyboy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
My New Ride
« on: June 24, 2020, 06:23:31 PM »
My new ride for this summer:  12.5 x 26" x 8 (at the nose).  26 lbs, ~265 L volume. 

It may not impress everybody here... it's not a custom 14' x 21" dugout needle racer, or anything like that... but it's light, tracks great, turns beautifully, and I'm really starting to get into a nice rhythm paddling it.  Might be the board that gets me into my first 6 mile race this summer (if those are ever allowed again).

Noticeable change from my previous 11.5 x 30" SUP, especially with tracking.  I can get nearly twice the number of paddles in on one side. 

Fun times on the water ahead!  Hope you all have as much fun on the water as I will!

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My New Ride
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 07:20:53 PM »
Looking good 8) I like it. Enjoy and stay safe safetyboy ;)
in progress...

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 11:00:06 PM »
Cool... Nice shape too. Have fun!
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

Kip

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 12:19:52 PM »
Nice dude! Have a kick ass summer!

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »
It is like showing up to an interview in a well-fitting suit of decent cloth, you will perform better.  I would only get some advice on how to change your portside paddle stroke - you would not want to tear up that pretty new rail.  Have fun!

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 12:32:46 PM »
My new ride for this summer:  12.5 x 26" x 8 (at the nose).  26 lbs, ~265 L volume. 

It may not impress everybody here... it's not a custom 14' x 21" dugout needle racer, or anything like that... but it's light, tracks great, turns beautifully, and I'm really starting to get into a nice rhythm paddling it.  Might be the board that gets me into my first 6 mile race this summer (if those are ever allowed again).

First of all... it doesn't matter what we.. think! Fun is fun. Speaking of fun, who ever said that race boards are fun? A true race board is right on the edge of the narrowest thing you can handle in good conditions. If the conditions get worse, you're bracing more that racing and you're swimming a lot. If you're not then it's not narrow enough. Fast yes, fun .... sometimes...

That looks like a great board to paddle hundreds on miles on. You're Stoked Dude!
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal