Author Topic: GoFoil NL 190  (Read 19325 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: GoFoil NL 190
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2020, 01:53:20 PM »
when the wingtip breaches the surface of the water flow separation occurrs and the wing undergoes ventilation which propagates all the way across the span causing the wimg to stall ...lose all lift and the whole shebang comes crashing down...

It's not really flow separation, that refers to an angle of attack steep enough so the flow doesn't follow the contour of the wing. If you break the surface with a wingtip the low-pressure side of the wing (in this case the top) is sucking like a vacuum cleaner. I covers the wing with a sheet of air drawn from the surface that kills lift. The phenomenon is similar, but flow separation deals with a single medium. In this case, the lift is killed by an intersection of two media--air and water.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2020, 01:18:54 AM »
Yes....correct ....absolutely ....jeez it's a good thing you said that Otherwise when I put out these videosim  working on I'm gonna get all kinds of flaming... In fact I might post all my transcripts here before I post videos just to make sure not screwing something up again... I'm going off of 25 year old knowledge of engineering and NOTeven a mechanical guy on the first place...

Beasho... You are primarily big wave riding guy...high advanced level ...the GL180  would work great but ...wait for the NL190 instead...its like a whole new thing

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2020, 01:36:20 PM »
you guys want to see just a little bit of what kind of speed these new NL Wings are capable of?....this is a far away crappy shot with the surfline cam from across the street and waaaay down the beach but even from way out that pumpout speed is ....bitchen!

NL220 wing!...

https://youtu.be/CTysXYbwTA0

container

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2020, 01:44:02 PM »
That looks pretty standard for a (true) high aspect wing, its fast but i think the main point is just how slow everything else is! Really everything we have been riding thats thicker than 12% and has an AR of less than 5 is a fkn dog.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2020, 06:30:36 PM »
Steamroller that kick at the end of the drop is what I’m hoping to get from a smaller wing. At that spot it’s mushy but not in a long roller kind of way so that later takeoff is still too much for me. Glad to see you giving a clinic on how it’s done.

I saw some of that footage from the pump out video and couldn’t believe the speed. That pump is faster than most waves I’ve surfed.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2020, 09:10:14 AM »
Dang steam, look at you go...you're killing out there on that wing!! Cool thing to also see...is you've got it turning as well as any of the other "surfy" (not "glidy") wings out there. Well done sir, well done!
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2020, 07:17:14 PM »
you guys want to see just a little bit of what kind of speed these new NL Wings are capable of?....this is a far away crappy shot with the surfline cam from across the street and waaaay down the beach but even from way out that pumpout speed is ....bitchen!
NL220 wing!...

I have to agree that this wing looks visually FAST!!!!!  When I got my GL210 I was flying around my local spot and a fellow SUP'r Marty who has surfed a long time and knows his stuff said "What do you have a motor on that thing?"  I thought he was joking.  Then I asked whether he was serious and he said 'Yes man your going way faster than anyone else.'  That was the GL series which Steamroller is very familiar with.

You also have to give it to Steamroller.  He is the only BIG guy that has video evidence of flying around like a featherweight pumper. Well Done!!!!!  You inspire me to push longer than I otherwise would to hunt down the outer swell line. 

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2020, 01:34:33 AM »
THIS  is why we foilsurf...33 guys out...1 guy surfing all the rest sitting...1 footers on the inside are the BEST!...crappy surfline cam though sorry

https://youtu.be/lHXA4d9Ymm8

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2020, 01:01:58 PM »
it s unfortunate that the resolution is sobad because this is ahead high wave and im dropping on way late  after the lip has begun to pitch...but because these things stay on the water until you're ready to fly i was able to stay in control andthen hit the gas!

https://youtu.be/IPqZJ7fArHU

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2020, 01:04:13 PM »

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2020, 02:56:46 PM »
man, I bet 90% of those guys out there absolutely hate you right now.  How could you not look at that and not be jealous?

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2020, 10:01:04 PM »
Ha!...im on a SUP and. foil in southern California.!..double hate....the whinest bitchiest most crybaby place on earth...they hate everything here ;D...and never happy unless they're complaining

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2020, 06:28:39 AM »
this is a head high wave and i'm dropping on way late  after the lip has begun to pitch...but because these things stay on the water until you're ready to fly i was able to stay in control and then hit the gas!
This is going to be great in bigger waves.  The key is to STAY DOWN and do NOT FLY until you get out of harms way.  Bigger boards with long noses help to 1) Get in earlier and 2) Keep the whole rig from pitching

Your pumping continues to impress.  I am going to have to go for a run to stay in shape right now. 

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2020, 05:57:45 PM »
you guy's wanna see some SPEED?...

https://youtu.be/fb6ImYCVoRs

supfoo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2020, 06:44:00 PM »
Great video Steamroller! How much do you weigh & what is the volume of your board? Many Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal