Author Topic: Joint Return  (Read 2370 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Joint Return
« on: June 14, 2020, 11:19:14 PM »
First day back in the surf in almost 9 months. Shoulder has a loooong way to go before fully recovered though. I did a coupla flat water paddles a few days prior to hitting the surf to make sure it was strong enough to paddle. I've been targeting June 12th as my re-entry date and it was amazing the waves cooperated.
Figured I'd do a vid...some one wheel too!  8)
Thanx Zoners
https://youtu.be/DfRmIeetHCE
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Joint Return
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 03:22:35 AM »
Nice video Marc!  Glad to see your recovered.  Be careful with that land wheel thingy.
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 04:25:37 AM »
@ Cookie

Great to see you back on the water again. Just be careful and try not to fall on that shoulder.

And as aways, thanks for sharing this video (and those in the future  ;) ) with us.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 05:13:48 AM »
Good for you Marc... 'Duck to water' comes to mind.   'Backside', however, often means something else to me - it's falling on my ass. That wheelie is scary.  I'd need all the pads.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 07:23:29 AM »
Nice to be back. I just broke some ribs getting hit by point break. I will be out of water for a time. It was my
wave going in after an awesome session. Smallest wave did it and the only time I fell entire session. It sucks but
stuff happens.

I also one wheel. After day five, I woke up in emergency room getting 10 staples. I was on asphalt
with soft hat. I now wear armor and helmet and pretty much do it on harder sand at low tide. It is
awesome but your going to kiss the ground so it is best to dress for it. Its way cheaper than hospital bills and more
time out. I use bicycle helmet, fox titan upper body armor that includes spine, chest, shoulder and elbow. I also have
football player type shorts that includes knee, thigh, hip and tail bone. I might look like warrior when doing
it, but I bounce up without injury.  Even after having one wheel for years and am on my second one an xr,
I would not even consider doing it without armor on. Check out one wheel forum for more information.
Not telling you what to do. Just my experience and that of many others.

So now with waiting period of ribs healing, I have to put aside surfing, one wheeling, dirt bike riding, lifting
sneezing, deep breaths and farting. My fourth time breaking ribs and it sucks but I know the drill.

Best of luck to you. Try going in reverse which would be switch stance. You get the watch the
waves and pretend you are carving both directions while watching waves.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 10:18:37 AM »
Great first session back Cookie! Get that stoke meter back up. As for for the One wheel..... After all you've been through? I get it. Just be careful dude and listen to 1Tuberider.

We are born into stupid fun.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 07:17:46 AM »
Good to see you back Cookie! What a nice welcome by the ocean 8)
in progress...

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 01:04:15 PM »
Way to go Marc! That first wave back after 9 months must have felt incredible, and you looked great on it. But c'mon man...a "one-wheel"? Be careful bud! :o  Good to see you back in the water, and being able to get your stoke back. Things will only keep getting better and better in Mother Ocean's healing hands. Stay stoked my friend.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 07:57:46 PM »
Thanx all for checkin' in! I'm now three sessions deep into summer! Today was full on turn-up-summer-to-eleven! Two sessions in one day! AM in a 2mil short sleeve full and PM in trunks and a rashy.

Nice video Marc!  Glad to see your recovered.  Be careful with that land wheel thingy.
Thanx on all that, LB. Not quite fully recovered yet though. One-Wheel stays in the shed!

Good to see you back Cookie! What a nice welcome by the ocean 8)
Thanx, Burch...felt good to be back in, if only for just 90 minutes!

We are born into stupid fun.
I like that!

Things will only keep getting better and better in Mother Ocean's healing hands.
That's music to my ears!

But c'mon man...a "one-wheel"? Be careful bud!
Yea! I know the things are REALLY dangerous! I've only done it like 6x. Was cool to check it out though and experience it.

Nice to be back. I just broke some ribs getting hit by point break. I will be out of water for a time. It was my wave going in after an awesome session. Smallest wave did it and the only time I fell entire session. It sucks but stuff happens.
WOW! I hope you're ok now! And that One-Wheel wipe sounded bad! Hardcore wheeler, dude! I appreciated all the background info and advice you gave me. Really gave me some insight on what it's all about. Amazing device/board/wheel thingy!

'Duck to water' comes to mind.   'Backside', however, often means something else to me - it's falling on my ass.
lmao!! ;D

Just be careful and try not to fall on that shoulder.
Thanx..that's the idea. My water time is quite limited now. Hope all is well down there.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 07:59:57 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal