Author Topic: Low Tide, Drained Out and Shifty  (Read 5057 times)

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Low Tide, Drained Out and Shifty
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:07:25 PM »
Caught one and got caught...twice

https://youtu.be/IFSJUs-B094
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Low Tide, Drained Out and Shifty
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 02:18:25 PM »
Yep. Got skunked a bunch of times. Wonky, Shifty, Peaky, but managed to catch a few speeders. Sunny and trunking it hot. 4 or 5 different swell angles all with similar amplitude. They just stand up out of nowhere. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 03:29:52 PM »
That's my morning routine... The getting caught part ;D
in progress...

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 02:53:41 PM »
But that sure looked a really fun first one.

Couple weeks ago I paddled out, and for the first time that I can remember, I got smoked on all 8 or 9 waves I hoped on that day. The very first one I somehow managed to do a swing and a miss with my first paddle stroke grabbing nothing but air, and I fell over the front of the board thinking, "Wtf just happened?" The second wave attempt I got the foil leaned over sideways too far, and endo'd into the wave now next to me.

Should have known to just quite right there, because the remaining 6 or 7 waves I never did manage to complete a whole ride on them....either blowing out the wing or lying it over too far in a turn. After that, I figured it best to just realize that that day just wasn't my day, and paddled in to just enjoy my time with friends on the beach, and lament at what a turd I was that day.  :D

You made it look fun though Sup, and it's been a long time since I've thought of pulling my SUP board out of the rafters, but after seeing you on those waves, it might just get loaded up sooner than later the next time I head on back out.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 02:55:38 PM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal