`

Author Topic: My wife's wing journey  (Read 1660 times)

SanoSlatchSup

• Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
Re: My wife's wing journey
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 08:31:38 AM »
Just got caught up on this thread, and Wow! Congrats to your wife for not letting it get the best of her, and finding little victories that inspire her to keep pushing forward. I'm not sure given the circumstances of not having any previous wind sport or foiling experience...that I would have had the gumption to stick it out as she has.

Kudos to her...and to you also Phils, for having the patience, and continuous encouraging attitude to help her along her journey. My wife and I would have definitely been in marriage counseling by about session six or seven...if she hadn't already beat me with the foil or tried to strangle me with the ski rope for saying something stupid as I usually do in those kinds of situations. :( :D
Me: 6'1"/185...6'0" Kings Foil Board...6'0" Chelu Foil Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...9'6" Costa Azul Wide Body...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm for when proning urges still hit, and 7'3" Chuck Glynn foil board backup.

Phils

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My wife's wing journey
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 08:15:03 AM »
Last several days have been on the lighter side.  She is doing long surface rides on strong side and actually going upwind.  Her weak side remains weak....unable to stand up.

Some stronger wind and she will likely foil more consistently on strong side.

We have a lesson scheduled with Oregon kiteboarding in Lyle.  If nothing else, she can get more water time.  aka: I get a break from carrying her massive rig upwind :) :)).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal