Author Topic: Tow Hydrofoiling last couple days  (Read 5529 times)

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tow Hydrofoiling last couple days
« on: May 28, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »
Hauling Ass
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tow Hydrofoiling last couple days
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 03:58:14 AM »
lol....oh, I know that feeling. Boat starts to plane and away you go. Skipper looks like he is having a good time :)
We went tanker chasing a few days ago and did some towing. I'm sure I looked like that too!

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 05:37:56 AM »
Aside from anticipating a 'faceplant' in that photo ..  Two hands or one?  The royal-we are about to embark on a similar voyage.  My memories of pre-Vietnam era waterskiing are that one-handed was 100% more balanced compared to the 'pull me over' style using two-hands  ...but, I am happy to be corrected.

(Robert from Blue Planet had an early video on the subject I need to look at...).

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »
Surfside, I so want to tanker foil...
Ralph
Sup-position

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 11:00:38 AM »
Wetstuff, There is quite a bit of pull I need to counter and compensate for slight changes in slack to keep it even.
Especially when whipping around turns.
The hydrofoil can often go faster than the boat and I need to go almost 90 degrees to the pull. That requires for me anyway a lot of upper body and core strength. I am gassed after an up and back run and need to switch out..
Ralph
Sup-position

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 08:45:43 AM »
 Hauling ass is right. Looks like you may have had the same issue i had. Ether my boat was under 6 MPH... or over 25 MPH, LOL.

Now that summer is here and wind as going to be more scarce in my neck of the woods, back on the boat we go.   I'm going to try and see what i can do to keep the boat off a plane and maybe even get a ride-able wake.   I removed the auto trim my tabs yesterday, that should help a lot. Playing with the motor trim to keep the noise up should also help a little. I'm hoping to get to the 10-15 mph range.

If that doesn't work I was thinking of installing one of those Trim, Hydrofoil, Boat Stabilizer, wing thingy's, you see attach to the motor on the plate just behind the prop could be used to keep you OFF a plane. I know they are designed to put you on a plane... but what if you mount it upside down ??? Or just the correct way with just the motor trim down?  I would think this has been tried before but i couldn't find any info on it.
 It could be fun.
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 09:09:18 AM »
For sure the outboard motor dolphins with the nose pitched up will create a bigger wake
Ralph
Sup-position

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal