Author Topic: BRM Wings  (Read 1276 times)

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: BRM Wings
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 08:00:38 AM »
Also wanted to say my comments above might sound like BS. Itís one of those things you donít realize until you experience it, then you go oh wow, alright, I like this.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »
Glad to see him taking the lead on two wide, stiff handles.  The wings look good but that looks great.  I'd rather see them leave this modular and user position-able but this is a fine start.  Did he mention what he is doing internally to add rigidity to the handles?

In the (very long but very interesting) video linked in the first post above, Greg details how he put attachment points for Y-handles and a few other attachment points if people want to customize.  He's not supplying those handles, but it does look like there is some of the flexibility in positioning that you're looking for.

It looks like his stock handles are rigid and are braced against the strut so that they don't twist, flop or distort.  That is where its at.  It seems crazy to me that this is not already the status quo but that is where we are.  This is a great start and I am very happy to see the ball rolling but I think someone could (and will) take it to the next level by offering handle modularity (both handle type and position). He talked a lot about handle placement but this varies a lot by rider size and preference.  Chan uses different handles than I do.  One guy may love an angled front while another may not.  Modularity will allow everyone to have their own perfect.  No more wearing someone else's socks.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:17:45 AM by Admin »

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 10:00:48 AM »
It is crazy more people have not done what HOT is doing, then take it to a whole new level by now.

Look at some of the very clever plastic bits Neil Pryde did with sails. Batten tensioner, clew fitting, etc. Then Duotoneís slick ratchet lever downhaul. The engineering people are in place to solve this. Come on....lets get it done.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal