Author Topic: Things GONG Wrong...Again  (Read 9653 times)

obxDave

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Things GONG Wrong...Again
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 10:58:10 PM »
Has anyone figured out a way to get Gong boards shipped to N.America or USA? Is anyone using a France freight forwarder at a reasonable cost? Is it still just a pipe dream to get the Gong Lemon wing board if you're not in Europe?  Thanks for any info!
Rob
Looked into it last year when I was starting out. Couldn’t find a viable way to do it.  Wouldn’t even consider it now. Boards are a PITA to ship. My new Blue Planet Carver 5’8” showed up damaged. I picked up two FoilSurfMachine‘s (one for me and one for a friend) in person....

I've always had really great service from them in the past. Now I'm was having trouble too, and that shipping quote you got seems very high.
I know they are short handed and all covid  crap, but i don't even think their website is working right.  I tried to reset my password a few times and the site never sent me an email to do so. I had to opened a new account to placed an order. Still 6 days later I have not gotten a shipping quote to complete a wind-wing pre-order. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out sooner or latter.

I ended up ordering from another French company, and shipping quote for 3 wind-wings was 130 euros to Ga.

Yep, that sounds about right with the current situation (password resetting on the Gong forum has also gone haywire) , and agreed that they will eventually sort it out.  I’m sure people would be interested in your assessment of the Takoon wings once you’ve ridden them a bit.  For me the high aspect Veloce foil might have to fade to the wish list back burner :(  Have a new GoPro Max to play with in the mean time :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:24:10 PM by obxDave »

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 02:55:35 AM »
Heard from another source, internationally freight cost is astronomically high right now due to a lack of planes.

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 04:54:28 AM »
Just saw this from another forum:

------------------

apparently, they (Gong) found the issue. Their email provider was losing emails for one week...

My translation of Patrice message on the Gong forum:

Our mail hoster has had a problem for a week.

1/ Some messages to info at gongsup dot com never reached us.

2 / Most of the automatic messages informing customers of the processing status of their order have not been sent

3 / Some of our responses have not arrived.

I am very sorry for this concern which is resolved now. This generated dissatisfaction while on our side everything was clean (emails processed within 24 hours, orders dispatched ...). In short, what could have been trivial in January was a major hurdle in May

Thanks for your understanding.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2020, 03:03:03 PM »

Whelp, still in the same exact status on the La Poste website since the last update:

Friday, May 22                  Your package has left its country of origin. It is in transit.

So it either fell out of the plane on it's way over the ocean, or it's stuck in US Customs somewhere awaiting their stamp of approval to move it into the the hands of the speedy USPS service...or hell, maybe it's still sitting in a dark dank corner of a La Poste warehouse somewhere, and they only think it's been shipped. ::)

Dang, sorry to hear so many have had - or especially those current having - the same difficult time getting something from this (or maybe any) overseas company in the past or currently. It really shouldn't be that difficult...even now.

Hell, nobody's been flying 'cept guvmint postal and parcel carriers, and heaven knows there ain't no guvmint employees getting laid off 'bout now. So there should be plenty of them to carry the packages to the planes, inspect and sign off on the packages, and then deliver them in a timely manner to us poor tortured souls waiting less than patiently 'bout now for them.

LOL! I crack myself up..."guvmint employee" job done in a "timely manner"....Baawahahaha!! Yeah, right.  :o ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 03:06:08 PM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2020, 09:46:20 PM »
I've got a foil that has been stuck in Sydney for a month. It sucks...

FoilColorado

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 07:55:15 PM »
Has anyone received a shipment to the USA from GONG in the last month?

Does anyone else have an order that is in limbo?

Has anyone had recent overseas shipments from other companies? Takoon?

Thanks all, still waiting.......

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2020, 09:20:43 PM »
My Foil Package from OZ was mailed Aug 23 just cleared customs on Sunday, supposed to be delivered on the 6th. Not much that can be done on the part of GONG or anyone else right now.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2020, 09:11:24 AM »
Wow, from what y'all are writing, and all things considered...I guess I'm pretty lucky.

Just got a couple texts from USPS early this morning that...
Quote from: 1:23 AM
June 2, 2020, 10:28 pm  Processed Through Facility ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Quote from: 3:06 AM
Expected Delivery by Thursday, June 4, 2020
Quote from: 3:29 AM
Inbound Into Customs

Thought stuff went through customs before it processed through a USPS facility...but either way, just pleased that it appears to be on its way here tmrw, and totally stoked by this morning's unexpected pleasant surprise. Gonna be a good day. :)
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2020, 04:03:24 AM »

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2020, 05:56:53 AM »
Switch was relatively new when I gave up kites... Dwight, How do they rank in design and use?  Thanks for the tip.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 06:47:18 AM »
Switch was relatively new when I gave up kites... Dwight, How do they rank in design and use?  Thanks for the tip.

Jim

I only tried one Switch kite. A wave model, designed by Bill Hansen. I liked it. Bill has left the company.

The handles look odd on this wing. Bulky and fat, with loose material. I’d be worried about hand fatigue and uncomfortable fabric wrinkles under the hand.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 08:42:17 AM »
Happy to report the ordeal is over and I can put this thread to rest (or at least for myself).

USPS delivered the GONG Pulse to my doorstep yesterday afternoon, and happy to say that this time the box was in perfect condition, as were all of the contents inside (the HV pump I ordered was packed in there with it).

Aired 'er up, and everything looks fine and fun. Now just need a little wind, add a little water, and we'll be off on our maiden voyage with 'er. Yeehaw!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 09:13:36 AM »
Yay.

What an odyssey.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 04:58:58 PM »
That’s great man.

In other good news, this seems to always be the case. I don’t think there’s a Gong thread where someone was jacked. It just takes a while. So in two weeks when the next thread comes up... refer to this one lol.

Get out there and enjoy it!

FoilColorado

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2020, 05:48:50 AM »
SanoSlatch - did you get any tracking updates from USPS after “item departed USPS facility LA processing center?” My package was in the same group as yours that cleared customs 2 June, then went to USPS processing in LA and now it has not moved in over a week. I’m now 5 full weeks from placing my order with GONG. 200 euro for shipping.  Appreciate the innovation and the passion from GONG, however when I pay US$225 for shipping a wing, and it hasn’t arrived after 5 weeks, I was hoping for a more sympathetic answer from customer service. After many unanswered emails they basically say sorry just wait more. A better way to retain me as a customer would be to actually track down my lost order, refund my shipping charge altogether, and offer a % discount on my next order. Instead I feel as though as a NA customer I am more of a hassle than a valued customer. Stoked for the HIPE, and more GONG products down the line. Keep it up, GONG, but in the meantime please use UPS or FedEx or DHL or anything besides La Poste and USPS.

* Recent Posts

post Re: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming
[Random]
PonoBill
March 17, 2024, 05:30:44 PM
post Re: 2024 North Mode Pro wings:
[Classifieds]
cnski
March 17, 2024, 05:09:04 PM
post Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
[SUP General]
burchas
March 17, 2024, 08:50:00 AM
[SUP General]
Night Wing
March 16, 2024, 07:02:05 PM
[SUP General]
blueplanetsurf
March 16, 2024, 03:28:57 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 14, 2024, 12:38:42 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 13, 2024, 07:59:28 PM
post Re: FS - Ocean Rodeo Glide A-Series Wings (3m/ 4m / 5m), USA
[Classifieds]
StellaBlu
March 12, 2024, 07:27:21 AM
post FS - Kalama Barracuda
[Classifieds]
VB_Foil
March 11, 2024, 05:43:58 PM
post Re: Vision Pro
[Random]
Bean
March 11, 2024, 03:46:42 PM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 09, 2024, 11:06:32 AM
post Happy International Women's Day, lady zoners!
[General Discussion]
LaPerouseBay
March 08, 2024, 07:28:47 PM
[Random]
Admin
March 08, 2024, 04:45:53 AM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 06, 2024, 11:00:24 PM