Author Topic: Things GONG Wrong...Again  (Read 9652 times)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Things GONG Wrong...Again
« on: May 23, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
So apparently I'm a very slow learner, or just a gluten for punishment...because after the order nonsense I went through the first time trying to get wings from GONG (same first to order, last to ship BS), in mid March I go, and order the Pulse 7m version from them (that at the time was "available for shipping" mid April, then mid May due to the CV19 crisis (understandable), and then suddenly w/ no explanation, mid June for no f'n reason), and yet here I am again...still sitting, waiting with nothing to show for it but a bunch of BS excuse emails from "JR" their "International Sales" dude.

Oh and yes, just like the last time, come to find out that others who've ordered their wings well after mine (just this month in fact) are receiving shipping notices that theirs are on the way, when all I get is another BS email with "JR" and GONG just saying it was supposedly shipped, washing their hands of it...
GONG Jaime - International Sales                                                                                              May 22, 2020, 1:25 AM (1 day ago)

Hello Dave,

Yep they’re out the door…. the transport service is in charge of sending that. don’t expect that to arrive quickly though.

Fortunately the transport services are piling back up, there are more guys driving not he road but that’s easy because they are other own anyway and have very limed contact with people……. unfortunately the offices are still not even half staffed because of the regulations on how many people can be in an office. And that’s where the  tracking numbers are sent form.. so those poor secretaries that are in charge of that are seriously backed up…...

That’s what i’m seeing anyway……

Patience…. It is on the way.

Thanks and Stay Safe!!
...only after I sent in an inquiry request through their website's "Contact" page (heck with trying to email anyone directly), after I saw my ordered had finally gone from "waiting" to "finished" (after so many ghosted emails), but never received any notice of when that happened, and no tracking number to see when I might expect to receive it.

So with that kind of stellar customer service, I feel as though I was just shoved out the door w/o anyway of knowing when I might get the wing...or if they've even shipped the MFer, and are still filling other orders before getting around to the poor dumb sap in CA.

I mean really...who in the hell hands a delivery company a package for shipment w/o getting any tracking number to verify its existence, or that it was actually shipped!? :o

What if I never see the wing...is GONG, supposedly w/o any tracking number or proof that it ever even got into the hands of the shipper responsible? Or is it the shipping company's responsibility, and if that's the case, how do I try resolve it with them...when no one - namely me - has a GD tracking number to even begin a discussion with them?

Is it just me, or does it seem like I got GONGed once again? >:(

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:47:53 AM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Things GONG Wrong...Again
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 07:20:15 AM »
That sucks man. But what I saw when I ordered is that there’s a weird disconnect between the French postal service and US shippers. I wonder if they are mandated to use their postal service or something.

I do know they are crazy backed up, apparently running through container loads of foils and wings every two weeks. But you seem to have hit the bad side twice.

I wonder how long it will be before they get one of the west coast fulfillment warehouses to hold their stuff like all the other guys do?

No need for reps, just a place to receive and park things so they can do the customs once instead of this whole hassle every time someone orders. Might cost a bit more but I know we’d all pay, right?

Thatspec

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 08:16:39 AM »
That is frustrating Dave,
Hopefully your card co. will back you up if it comes to that. They do have a bizarre system even for shipments within the EU where they don't know the tracking number yet they don't have your item anymore :o Has always taken about three days from the Gong form email (order completed), to the actual shipping company email (usually DPD in Germany).

If you got the "order has been entrusted to our shipping partners email", you should eventually hear something from a shipping company.

Gong strikes me as a company that isn't well setup to handle anything outside of it's automated system. If it requires human intervention... they're just not staffed for that.

Keep us posted!

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 10:20:43 AM »
After all you and I and who knows else went through last year man that’s a brave move! I really liked my gong 7m wing except excess weight since sold it but really do like there products wish they had a hub here in the states but no way would endure the mental anguish of ordering oversees from France again not up to it after that ringer last year👎Since moved on to Naish S25 wings very good BTW,I like the new Gong wingboards but to go thru that hassle with them again no chance unless things change shipping wise my suggestion ask for a refund and go get a easier obtainable wing Naish,new SS or Fone dont torture yourself again especially in the covid era extra PITA
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

biggins

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 05:20:54 AM »
I had something similar and they wouldn’t even answer my emails.... VERY frustrating company to deal with...but their products are actually not bad for the price. Too bad they don’t have a US rep. Heck the stuff ships from China...easier to go to California direct than to Europe then back to US.

My take, good products for price but huge hassle with shipping and customer service

Paddle lite

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 06:55:43 AM »
Yeah, I understand this virus thing has screwed up supply chains everywhere.  I got a package in the mail from Amazon I ordered 2 months ago and had forgotten about.  Crazy times.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 02:09:42 PM »
UPDATE:

Well this morning I awoke to a long email from "JR" awaiting me, explaining in detail the status of my order, addressing some of the concerns, complaints, and just plan old whiny snivelings I had expressed in the OP of this thread... :-[ ...and that he was looking into getting that tracking number for me from his end.

Turns out the usual PITA time difference we have which makes discussing these kind of over the phone a bit difficult...was a true blessing in disguise this case, because while I spelt, and in the four hour time difference between his emails that went unnoticed by sleeping beauty (that would be me :D )...the subsequent email from him....had the tracking number it in!!  8)

So now I can rest in peace knowing that I at least have that to hold in my hot little hand, that shows someone somewhere has my wing and pump...and that there'll be a way to follow up on it should it become "lost in the mail"...since it's traveling via the two countries' stellar public postal services...and we all know how unreliable at least ours can be at times...and "JR" didn't make theirs sound any better for that matter.

Anyway, big "THANKS!" to "JR" for I'm sure pulling his hair out having to deal with his postal service if theirs is anything like ours in order to eventually get that tracking number. Last check with it, was that on "Friday, May 22 - Your package has left its country of origin. It is in transit". YEEHAW!! ;D

Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

FoilColorado

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 08:36:43 PM »
I also have an order in with GONG, placed on 11 May, all items in stock, supposedly.

Order status says "terminee" but did not get notice from GONG of shipment. After a week I emailed, no response. Another email, and I was provided a tracking number, GONG employee stated order was shipped on Friday 22 May. When that number is entered into courier website it does not recognize it as an active shipment.

So it is in limbo. Communication is poor. Shipping cost exorbitant. Hopefully it arrives before summer is over. Not impressed so far...

Thatspec

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 09:43:01 AM »
Hey, that's great to hear Dave,
So it's out of La Poste's hands, everything that happens from here is up to US customs and USPS. Very curious to hear what the overall ship time will be.

My 4M arrived in Germany yesterday. Now I have to decide whether to have the GF send it back or to me. Looks like Deutsch Post will ship with their "premium" service for about 56 euro (still at least a month I'd bet), so JR was correct, it will be about 30% cheaper this way but hardly worth the savings. I worked up a UPS quote and even with an account it was about 350 euro, DHL would do it in five days for about 250.

Probably going to send it back this time, first try at that. Needs to go towards a board :)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 08:12:59 PM »
FoilColorado,

Here’s what I do. Place the order and forget you ever heard of Amazon or Fed Ex or any modern single country shipping process. lol Also forget that you ordered new gear lol. About the time you remember and freak out, it’ll show up on the app as “in customs” and a week later you will have it.

It’s a great reminder of how fortunate we are here and how dialed in American logistics are.

obxDave

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 03:38:36 AM »
I’m probably the biggest Gong foil wing promoter here but as they say; “always sumpin”.  Last fall it was easy; pay online,  don’t worry about tracking from France or even tracking here in the US, shows up about a week later.

Currently trying to pre order a Veloce XL and stabilizer:

Shipping went from 80 euro last fall to 200 euro now. Ok, even with that crazy price it’s still a decent deal compared to any alternatives, so I plug in the credit card info (and yes, I always check that my card company does not put any hold on my overseas purchases) and it rejects it right away. Try other cards, nothin. Send several emails and hope Jamie gets back to me, or try a direct bank transfer. Oh well, looks like I’ll have to beg them to take my money. Such horrendous first world problems! (I still like “The Bear” and the Gong biz model as another option, even with its flaws)

RobM

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04:06 AM »
Has anyone figured out a way to get Gong boards shipped to N.America or USA? Is anyone using a France freight forwarder at a reasonable cost? Is it still just a pipe dream to get the Gong Lemon wing board if you're not in Europe?  Thanks for any info!
Rob
Me: 5'10" (178cm), 185lb (84kg)
Wings: Duotone Unit 5.5m,4.0m; Naish S25 5.3m,3.6m
Board: Fanatic 5'0 Sky Wing (75lt); BluePlanet foil sup 6'6" (116lt)
Foils: Axis 1150,1000;370 tail/short fuse; Neil Pryde Glide Surf L-1484cm2;
Mast: Axis 90, 68cm; NP Flight 82cm,NP Glide 60cm

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 10:07:11 AM »
I’m probably the biggest Gong foil wing promoter here but as they say; “always sumpin”.  Last fall it was easy; pay online,  don’t worry about tracking from France or even tracking here in the US, shows up about a week later.

Currently trying to pre order a Veloce XL and stabilizer:

Shipping went from 80 euro last fall to 200 euro now. Ok, even with that crazy price it’s still a decent deal compared to any alternatives, so I plug in the credit card info (and yes, I always check that my card company does not put any hold on my overseas purchases) and it rejects it right away. Try other cards, nothin. Send several emails and hope Jamie gets back to me, or try a direct bank transfer. Oh well, looks like I’ll have to beg them to take my money. Such horrendous first world problems! (I still like “The Bear” and the Gong biz model as another option, even with its flaws)

I've always had really great service from them in the past. Now I'm was having trouble too, and that shipping quote you got seems very high.
I know they are short handed and all covid  crap, but i don't even think their website is working right.  I tried to reset my password a few times and the site never sent me an email to do so. I had to opened a new account to placed an order. Still 6 days later I have not gotten a shipping quote to complete a wind-wing pre-order. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out sooner or latter.

I ended up ordering from another French company, and shipping quote for 3 wind-wings was 130 euros to Ga.
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 10:12:37 AM »
What other French company?

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 10:42:13 AM »
What other French company?
Takoon
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

* Recent Posts

post Re: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming
[Random]
PonoBill
March 17, 2024, 05:30:44 PM
post Re: 2024 North Mode Pro wings:
[Classifieds]
cnski
March 17, 2024, 05:09:04 PM
post Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
[SUP General]
burchas
March 17, 2024, 08:50:00 AM
[SUP General]
Night Wing
March 16, 2024, 07:02:05 PM
[SUP General]
blueplanetsurf
March 16, 2024, 03:28:57 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 14, 2024, 12:38:42 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 13, 2024, 07:59:28 PM
post Re: FS - Ocean Rodeo Glide A-Series Wings (3m/ 4m / 5m), USA
[Classifieds]
StellaBlu
March 12, 2024, 07:27:21 AM
post FS - Kalama Barracuda
[Classifieds]
VB_Foil
March 11, 2024, 05:43:58 PM
post Re: Vision Pro
[Random]
Bean
March 11, 2024, 03:46:42 PM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 09, 2024, 11:06:32 AM
post Happy International Women's Day, lady zoners!
[General Discussion]
LaPerouseBay
March 08, 2024, 07:28:47 PM
[Random]
Admin
March 08, 2024, 04:45:53 AM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 06, 2024, 11:00:24 PM