Author Topic: Things GONG Wrong...Again  (Read 9771 times)

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: Things GONG Wrong...Again
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2020, 07:58:23 AM »
Just FYI, for everyone who might not know this....

Install the USPS, FedEx, and UPS apps on your phone and create an account for your home address. Every single inbound package to your home will show up and you’ll never have to ask anyone for a tracking number again. Plus you’ll know when someone actually ships you items.

With Gong orders, they would magically appear in the USPS app after clearing customs. The Gong French tracking number goes silent once it leaves the country.

I have discovered a lot of friends have no idea these apps do this.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Things GONG Wrong...Again
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2020, 03:21:29 PM »
SanoSlatch - did you get any tracking updates from USPS after “item departed USPS facility LA processing center?” My package was in the same group as yours that cleared customs 2 June, then went to USPS processing in LA and now it has not moved in over a week. I’m now 5 full weeks from placing my order with GONG. 200 euro for shipping.  Appreciate the innovation and the passion from GONG, however when I pay US$225 for shipping a wing, and it hasn’t arrived after 5 weeks, I was hoping for a more sympathetic answer from customer service. After many unanswered emails they basically say sorry just wait more. A better way to retain me as a customer would be to actually track down my lost order, refund my shipping charge altogether, and offer a % discount on my next order. Instead I feel as though as a NA customer I am more of a hassle than a valued customer. Stoked for the HIPE, and more GONG products down the line. Keep it up, GONG, but in the meantime please use UPS or FedEx or DHL or anything besides La Poste and USPS.
Sorry Foil, just saw this now....

Yes, I did eventually get an update that the package was "Inbound Out of Customs" (which seemed contradictory that it was "inbound" and "out" at the same time, but whatever), once it left Customs on June 4th, and was back in the hands of the USPS, they hustled it right through to my local post office early the next day (0552), and it was on the truck and delivered to me later that same day, June 5th.

So really can't say anything but good things wrt the USPS in this case....La Poste, not so much (they said it left France on May 22, but it went unaccounted for 10 days, until it was "Processed Through Facility - ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)" on June 2, 2020. So yes I agree, GONG should really look into some other method of North American delivery other than just their local (sketchy) postal service.

Hopefully by now you've received your order, and I completely agree with you wrt all the cool things Patrice and GONG are always coming up with.

But I really don't think I'll be able to join in on any more of their fun, because like you, I feel as much more like an inconvenience to them, rather than a valued customer that I'd have hoped to have been.

So probably best for all involved, and way less hurt feelings on both sides; if I just spent my money elsewhere, and let them stick with what they seem very good at...delivering great products to their European customers, but not so much at keeping their remaining North American ones as happy.

Good luck to you FoilC...let us know what happened if/when you ever receive your stuff.

Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal