Author Topic: Lift Foils goes high aspect  (Read 9658 times)

bigmtn

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Lift Foils goes high aspect
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 10:39:23 AM »
Everybody I've talked to here in Hawaii say they prefer the older tails over the new 25ha tail. 34 or 40 tails work better (mostly prone foiling)

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2020, 12:40:10 PM »
No pitch issues. Seemed comfortable right away.

Tip...they like to be way forward in the tracks compared to Axis, Neil Pryde, or GoFoil.

About 1 1/2” farther forward.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2020, 12:38:04 PM »
The local shop owner had a good theory on why I might be feeling more board stability slogging on the surface. The lower drag mast, is giving me another mph or two of board speed.

Which if true, then you have to ask, should somebody give the 16mm Axis mast a try winging ;D It might be better. Leave the 19mm mast for SUP?

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2020, 06:22:02 AM »
Well that was interesting. He is not wrong, but a bit over the top.

The connection is tight, but did not require a hammer. It’s tapered on all 4 sides, so you do have to switch between screws to draw it down evenly. He is also right, in that it goes on easier after a few sessions.

The 200 is also my favorite. The 250 is a light wind workhorse.

https://youtu.be/qtAvT4VH50o

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2020, 06:57:23 AM »
Well that was interesting. He is not wrong, but a bit over the top.

The connection is tight, but did not require a hammer. It’s tapered on all 4 sides, so you do have to switch between screws to draw it down evenly. He is also right, in that it goes on easier after a few sessions.

The 200 is also my favorite. The 250 is a light wind workhorse.

https://youtu.be/qtAvT4VH50o

I’ve been a longtime MHL kitefoiler love the 170 classic to this day for kitefoiling,also had some good times supfoiling the 200 classic but for some reason the 250 classic supfoiling was the least favorite did not particularly like it so a little gunshy$ wise to buy the new 250 HA apples and oranges I know completely then and now but DW could give a little comparison wingingwise on the new 250 HA to the axis 1020/500 does it have similar lift as wingspan is more in 1020,do you think it would be better than the axis 1020 coming in foil seems like bit less drag and I’m sure once up it’s faster just wondering if it makes sense to buy it for me or just stay with my Axis setup but the new MHL is definitely intriguing being a longtime MHL fan kitefoiling wise and have there masts already do you think it might be good idea to try it out, and I’m 225 probably bit heavier than you,I have another friend who’s 190-200lbs loves it too but like to hear your POV since you have ridden both extensively.Thanks
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2020, 09:10:02 AM »
The HA 250 would be more like riding the Axis 92, but with better pumping.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal