Author Topic: Covid effect on military families  (Read 1401 times)

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Covid effect on military families
« on: May 10, 2020, 09:24:13 AM »
One thing this article doesn't address is the fact that some military families are not homeless. 
https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-benefits/2020/05/08/military-families-caught-in-covid-19-financial-straits-could-see-relief-under-this-proposal/

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: Covid effect on military families
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »
Food,  ...did you mean 'are' homeless, or the fact they have two residences mean they are 'really' not homeless compared to people living under bridges?  The ones taking a hit are the landlords; they end up being a wronged party.  The DoD should pay something like 60-days compensation for the cancellation.  F the car dealers, they're Jersey-style loan sharks - any deal works in their favor.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 09:54:17 AM »
Homeless as in no roof over their heads and sleeping in their cars.  It's the rare expectation rather than the rule but it has happened in recent times.  As far as landlords, the DoD doesn't really have them on their concern radar.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 06:57:04 AM »
If so, that is truly unfortunate. I have heard of base housing with mold and vermin - like public crappy housing, but no actual homelessness.  ' Not something that should be left to charities. 

The MIL should have a program where, if it was due to personal issues, give them X-months of assistance to correct or early, honorable discharge. I just lived with 4-6 guys per room and keeping us sober was the big issue.   

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 12:36:53 PM »
Well as I mentioned, homelessness is rare but it happens.  When it does its temporary.  Too many details to go into as to why but all I can say is hopefully this will end sooner than later.  But yes it is VERY unfortunate.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal