Author Topic: Starboard FreeWing Air  (Read 3265 times)

daswusup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Starboard FreeWing Air
« on: May 14, 2020, 07:37:54 AM »
latest wing to debut. Can a latecomer be considered a V2? Interesting that the bigger ones are only recommending 4 psi. Curious what the weight is with all that window. I wish I had windows. It only takes one crowded session to realize the benefits of windows.

https://freewing.star-board.com/freewing-air/?mc_cid=ed921c80ea&mc_eid=f67c979a69

Phils

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Starboard FreeWing Air
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
The pictures look good.  More choices benefit the consumer.

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 12:15:08 PM »
I see a few places have these for sale now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQQNMJCROek

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 04:15:37 PM »
You guys be sure to not fly too close to the sun, now. The gods are jealous of their territory. Looks amazing.

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 07:42:42 AM »
Got on the 6 meter airush wing the other day. Very fun wing. Here's my random notes on it. A bit over done on the handles and the windows are big but, I never use them. You need to know how to do origami to get it back in the bag, so I put it in a solo 15.5 bag. The lift is more in the tail of the wing so it floats well but if in a wave and the wing is low, the tail will drop down.
Wing tips don't touch water. I even tried to catch water and it's hard to which makes doing 360's difficult.  Leash is long with swivel.
Easy to flip over from a wing tip but, doesn't flip over on its own. I think I didn't have to flip it over the whole time I was on it.
More rear hand pressure than the F1, longer reach if wanted
Not as good for tacks, 360's as F1. Really good up wind.
For my style I rank the F1 as the best for me but I really like what the airush offers and it would be my #2 choice. I ordered a 4,5, and 7, I really think my students will benefit from this wing. I think if you like the naish S25 or the WASP, you're going to love this wing. The dump valve on the center strut is a simple slingshot dump valve style and the inflation valve is a Boston valve I think it's called, doesn't let your gauge work so I just pump it up Bay watch firm, give it a few hard tugs over head and if it's grabbing wind then I know it's good to go.

toejammer2

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 12:46:24 PM »
Thanks for the info!
I’m thinking about buying the 3m since I can’t find any Fone or Naish wings that are actually in stock-learned my lesson last summer-no wing in hand-not getting my money! Does the Ozone absorb gusts well? When It gets windy enough where I wing the gusts are of the nukin kind.

Cheers!

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »
In gustier conditions, I like wings with a floating canopy. I find if they don't have it like the first SS, ozone and first generation gongs, they tend to want to flip over the wind window. That floating canopy seems to make the wing stay more in one place in the gusts.

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 06:30:29 PM »
I’m actually very surprised Starboard hasn’t come out with a wing specific board...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal