Author Topic: I finally know why Bill Gates is 'Bill Gates'.  (Read 2028 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
I finally know why Bill Gates is 'Bill Gates'.
« on: May 01, 2020, 01:45:19 PM »
I have been a Mac user since the '80s, so he was not 'my guy' but I heard this interview last night on COVID and my jaw dropped.  He used razor blades as skates on the political 'thin ice' involved in the subject, but I was more-than-impressed and happy to hear some has their brain-to-the-pedal on this problem.  If you leave it to the people who say; "I wanted to look them in eye." when asked why they did not wear a mask in the F'ing Mayo Clinic?! ..we'd be doomed.  I don't particularly like/dislike CNN (I miss their international edition) but this is truly worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odeq6DRVqP0

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: I finally know why Bill Gates is 'Bill Gates'.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:06:13 PM »
There are more than a few whackjobs that think Bill Gates caused all this. Their reasoning is far too weird for me to follow--I don't like trying to understand people like that any more than I like looking at squashed possums by the side of the road--just as ugly. If it were only a few I wouldn't bother mentioning it, but it's a thing. I haven't picked it up in my randome perusal of whackjob media like Brietbart or Epoch Times, so maybe it's not the usual alt-right programming.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 06:46:46 PM »
There are more than a few whackjobs that think Bill Gates caused all this. Their reasoning is far too weird for me to follow--I don't like trying to understand people like that any more than I like looking at squashed possums by the side of the road--just as ugly. If it were only a few I wouldn't bother mentioning it, but it's a thing. I haven't picked it up in my randome perusal of whackjob media like Brietbart or Epoch Times, so maybe it's not the usual alt-right programming.

Yes, I’ve also come across some of that stuff on Bill Gates. Haven’t really looked at it though.

I have a medical doctor lives a few doors down from me who I really only know in passing. Turns out he is a conspiracy theorist guy. He started sending me e-mails with some of this conspiracy type stuff. Don’t remember if Bill Gates was part of his arsenal, but I do remember some of it was pretty out there. He couldn’t understand it when I asked him not to send me any more. And this from an MD. I guess your station in life is no guarantee against being a nut job.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »
Not at all, in fact, I know two MD's that I consider complete nutjobs who are highly regarded in their practice. Being smart is no guarantee against stupidity. Many times it's just your environment and who influences you. Doctors, in general, consider themselves smart in everything--and they just are not, in fact, the focus required to be good at their job guarantees that they are dumb as a bag of hammers at everything else. That seems to be true in general. Every serious investor knows that when the doctors, dentists, and lawyers get in its time to get out. The stupid money has arrived.

When I was a lowly motorcycle mechanic I had a customer who designed major league microchips. He was holding forth in the shop one day, explaining how smart he was at everything. I said, "so why am I working on your motorcycle, doing something as simple as a tuneup, which you waited for a week for me to get around to". Turns out he couldn't pick up a screwdriver without stabbing himself to death.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:08:14 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

jpeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 06:03:41 AM »
Gates presents he premise that testing is useless without a 24hr turn around of results.   Idea is that until you get your results you are out infecting everybody.  I don't agree.   For most of us in todays predicament;  If you get a fever,  just assume it's corona and stay at home.   The irresponsible people are going to circulate with others no matter what (or not get tested).
  For me, if I get this thing I will see a doctor at the point of needing hospitalization.  I think a high percentage of folks are in the same mind set. 

I own a PC with original Windows OS,  and Office suite that I can not use because Windows now thinks the OS is counterfeit software.  Because of this sort of never ending BS,  I put Gates in the ahole category.  The guy has some agenda's but I don't think Gates is trying to implant microchips in all humans or other crazy stuff.
JP

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 07:20:26 AM »
If frustrating software design is the criteria, I nominate John Warnock of Adobe as the cause of all the worlds problems. :)   I'm not implying that anyone is guilty of that type of blaming here, but I just can't resist the chance to gripe about my personal nemeses, Adobe.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:01:20 AM by Chan »

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 08:24:54 AM »
If frustrating software design is the criteria, I nominate John Warnock of Adobe as the cause of all the worlds problems. :)   I'm not implying that anyone is guilty of that type of blaming here, but I just can't resist the chance to gripe about my personal nemeses, Adobe.

Too funny! And I agree with you about Adobe. I use a Mac, so I can't complain about Windows or Office Suite, etc. But Adobe, that I could spend some time on! :)
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 01:33:06 PM »
 Bill,  .. Do you ghost for Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone?  "..pick up a screwdriver without stabbing himself to death."   Well said.  I think I met his twin - lots of him owned airplanes.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal