Author Topic: The Maldives dream trip that never ends..  (Read 4369 times)

Windwarrior

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: The Maldives dream trip that never ends..
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 11:46:57 AM »
Yeah, that concert with Boston seems as off as the Summer Jam I went to at Anaheim Stadium with Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Loverboy AND Foreigner.

KMET- Chuckle....it was always a dance between KLOS and KMET depending on who had commercials going! Last I heard KMET went country. 😂😂😂
Hala Carbon Hoss
#2? TBD!!

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 01:20:14 PM »
KMET is now KTWV ("The Wave"), and has been kind of all over the map with country, soul, R&B, and adult contemporary. They're "The Soul of Southern California", but that's from their website, as I haven't listened to them in years since they had at one time turned into more of just doctor's office, waiting room music...and they were putting me asleep while driving. ;D
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 01:40:29 PM »
I love how this thread took off for Maldives and landed in Los Angeles in the 1980's  ::)
When we were leaving the Coliseum after the U2 show and got to my 4wd lifted F150 with 38" tires, (super cool when I was 21) this local dude says he knows a short cut to the freeway. He'll show us for $10. bucks. He looks at my truck and says" Oh ya, your're going to make it. He proceeds to run over to a short chain link fence that led to a lot on the next street, and pushes it down with his foot. Waves me on to drive over it. I did. Then we cross the next street, go down a couple of alleys and into another open field. He pushes the fence over for us again and bam... we are on the frontage road with the freeway entrance right in front of us. That was frick'n awesome! A man with a plan. We gave him $20.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Windwarrior

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2020, 02:07:10 PM »
Yeah, sorry about that T.D.. I looked through the past responses to see how the heck that happened. LOL! I'm a S.Cal guy through and through but haven't lived there for over 2 decades. Anytime I see something regarding my stomping grounds, I typically go down memory lane. Grew up surfin' everything from Ventura to Rosarito(back then the waters were very territorial. Just like the scene in Point Break) and skatin' pools as a youngster with them Z-Boys. Still have my Peralta board and everything.

So yeah....
Hala Carbon Hoss
#2? TBD!!

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2020, 04:13:45 PM »
i'll bring it...kinda..back to the Maldives.   My trip was officially rescheduled.   8)

May 8-15 next year, they even pulled it off 2 weeks early for those who could only reschedule airlines in a 12 month period. Great news from Trent and the Moon tours folks.   I know they have an absolute jigsaw puzzle to deal with as they run tours all over the world all the time..... So trully excited they were able to keep the commitment

Windwarrior

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2020, 04:22:48 PM »
Yeah, I can't imagine all the people that had vacations all set and NOW scrambling to hopefully get at the very least a postponement. That's gotta suck.
Hala Carbon Hoss
#2? TBD!!

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2020, 08:30:11 PM »
I love how this thread took off for Maldives and landed in Los Angeles in the 1980's  ::)
Hahaha...hmm, let's see....oh yeah, some "Dude" - maybe - going to the "SoCal" Hollywood Bowl in June...

I have tickets to Steely Dan at the Hollywood Bowl early June.
;) ;D
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal