Author Topic: Back on Board--- done sitting!  (Read 3958 times)

supthecreek

Re: Back on Board--- done sitting!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 10:51:05 AM »
Creek, in the off chance that the CCBC happens this year I'm coming, and I'm bringing foils--enough for two. I do plan to get Bob up on one, but you too. Those waves are begging for them, and it's time for you to be a kook again. 72 is the perfect age to start--that's when I started.

Ho boy.... I better get back in shape quickly!  ;D ;D

supthecreek

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 10:55:59 AM »
Nice stoking video. Thanks, really needed that after I do not now how long of a lockdown here.

The inactivity is tough. Actually the paddle specific moving.
My shoulders are melting away.

I couldn't believe how much I lost in 5 weeks.... but I really did as they asked and stayed in the house.
Must be really hard for you folks in true lockdown... at least I knew I could go, if I chose to.

We may be looking at closed beaches as soon as the weather breaks and the throngs hit the sand.... they will probably close off access cuz Massachusetts is still at it's peak.
Then... I will take my 12' Point Break to a secluded launch, paddle out to the ocean and surf alone  ;D

supthecreek

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »
Screen grab from my Kook Hat Cam, yesterday's session.

My buddy Tommy and I always buzz each other... (cuz it's fun!!)
this one was great, he took the high line on a sizable set and went over me, as I paddled up the face, rather than under. ;D ;D

baddog

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 11:14:54 AM »
Paddling and surfing just open last week in my hood and most everywhere else nearby today.  Hear ya on the fitness end, but it feels good to be in the water.  I'm passing on surfing for a bit to let the crowds thin and the red tide to disappear.

NEsurfSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »
Creek:  Glad you got some of that swell.  I was just up the coast a few miles, and I think it was the best swell of the year so far.  Top 5 anyway.  Tommy said you were "rippin" so I don't think you lost that much.  But at our age we can't afford to back slide too much.  Hope to share a session out there soon.  But I think you are right, they may close the beaches down with the good weather coming.  I guess I'll have to get me one of those Pt Breaks ;)
One piece "electric" Creek 9'4"
Two piece Sunova Creek 9'4"
CoreVac Cannibal Blade 8'8
Angulo surfa 9'8
Naish Mana 10'
Red Sport 11'
2014 Naish Glide 14'
Werner nitro
Black project three part paddle

PabstSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 12:41:15 PM »
Glad you scored Rick!  Yeah - hope the water warms up soon, can't wait to get into some thinner rubber.  I did surf without a hood on Saturday - the last few Saturday's have been great in Long Island, but I'm pretty shocked about the crowds that have been heading to the beach and not really following distancing guidelines while hanging out in beach chairs.  Thankfully the break I go to is further away than most of the crowd is willing to travel.  I like the approach Hawaii is taking, but I doubt that will catch on here come Summer.  Stay safe bud.   

Btw - do you have board short-sized version of those Genration Sunova boards once the water warms up?   
Hobie Raw 8'11
Sunova Flow 8'4"
Sunova Speeed 8'10
SIC Bullet 14' ASS

supthecreek

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 08:05:29 AM »

do you have board short-sized version of those Genration Sunova boards once the water warms up?

Yes, I have the 8'6 Kanga coming on the early June container!

You are fortunate to have some limited access to surf spots... beach re-openings are going to be a madhouse with all the understandable pent up cabin fever.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal