Author Topic: Interview: California scientist says his team has discovered a potential COVID-1  (Read 1463 times)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
this is a 26 minute interview. The real news starts about 11 minutes in. I don't think Kelly, San Diego channel 7 reporter, didn't realize she was interviewing a guy that had developed a cure until half way thru the interview. She did a good job though.

https://youtu.be/AV-nWT2VLuI

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Well my usual BS filters are being pushed aside, even on April 1, by what looks like super promising news. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:22:29 PM by Dusk Patrol »
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Thatspec

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Worldwide, the chorus of crickets is deafening on this news :o

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
That's a pretty big deal. Back when this first started looking serious I read a piece about the potential for leveraging SARS research that was suspended when the infection was stopped via quarantine. They were talking about this being the fastest possible approach to an effective medicine for the disease. At the time the companies doing the work were downplaying the likelihood that they could make the medicine work--that the SARS2 and SARS viruses might not be similar enough to have the molecules blanket the receptors. This is pretty good news. September is a long way away, but at least it isn't 18 months. I expect we'll bridge the time to September with relaxed stay at home orders once the infection curve turns and a lot more testing to isolate outbreaks.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
The whole approach of having a way to cure it in the near future rather that prevent it with a vaccine made available at a much later date, makes sense to me. The medical and scientific community have been working successfully with flu viruses for a long time. Corona-virus isn't Godzilla, it can be killed very easily with the right drugs. The problem is we were caught off guard (that's another subject), and need to come up with a solution as quickly as possible. Slowing the infection rate thru distancing until a cure is developed and made readily available looks to me as the best way to deal.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal