Author Topic: SUP ..not considered 'outdoor exercising' in my state.  (Read 5755 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: SUP ..not considered 'outdoor exercising' in my state.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 09:50:50 AM »
I would paddle here in my NJ town if could (shoulder still rehabbing) since the beaches are not shut down ....Yet. The town next to me just closed their beaches. But I expect ours to stay open for a while, at least until the weather warms up a bit.
Been quite busy...Palm crosses for the first 10 days of March...then census training and field work. Now census workers are pulled and I've started my lawns and landscaping cleanups so I'm feeling quite lucky to be able to do all my work like every yr this time...shoulder is getting stronger but not near enough to surf yet.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

supthecreek

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 03:20:21 PM »
Glad to hear your shoulder is good enough to work and you can get back at it for the spring cleanup season!

You should be good to go when surf becomes an option again!

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 07:52:01 PM »
Yeah man heal up.

We will all be back in the water before long.

ron.c

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 04:27:30 AM »
Hello to Rick and all:

I went out on my own last Saturday at Coast Guard. 

Fortunately, it was too big.  I quickly turned tale and caught a foam ball in.

I felt torn and am probably hanging it up too.  I'm gonna dread that nice sunny day with clean waves!

My big concern is how will the town maintain order and viral containment this summer?!  We don't have an army of fully suited-up storm troopers with flame throwers converted to sanitizers.

Ron C.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 11:42:18 AM »
Thanks, Farer...  Part of me says; "Hot Dig'idee! I can get back in the water." ...and what little 'humanity filter' I possess says like Creek and Carib, 'Don't flaunt it."  There are 10M unemployed and many thousands of docs/nurses that are in the pool with Great Whites, Bulls, and Tigers. 

As time goes on, I might flaunt it to the ponces who live on my mud creek who seem to find difficuly mustering the energy to cut their grass.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

oceanAddict

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 11:16:57 AM »
We saw this on TV yesterday and the wife now is against any beach activities. I'm surprised that I don't see any information/warnings on local level. Beach waling, SUP and surfers are everywhere. I'm in MA.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-california-beaches-one-scientist-140029412.html

really bummed.
Infinity Blackfish, SIC Bullet Air Glide, Sunova Point Break #003, Sunova Soul

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:47:04 PM by ninja tuna »

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 01:12:25 PM »

“Whahhh, I can’t paddle my toy during the pandemic.”

Well, now that you but it that way.... :-X

Thanks for the reminder.  That said, so far our county has not taken the step of closing beaches.  As I'm fairly well acquainted with the powers that be, I happen to know that several people holding high offices in our county enjoy regular exercise on the beach, so maybe that's insurance.  As one Department Head told me, there's often times public officials do things "just to show they're doing something".  I do like the signs they've posted on Maui instructing people not to congregate, picnic etc.  If you're going to the ocean; go get in and leave when you're done.

I'm glad I can still paddle, because obviously when I'm so far from land that you can barely see me, I'm not in any danger of COVID, but if there's an order to close the beaches, I'll abide by it.  Not worth being a bad example or making someone have to enforce it.
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 05:14:56 PM »
@Bulky-  I do like the signs they've posted on Maui instructing people not to congregate, picnic etc.  If you're going to the ocean; go get in and leave when you're done.

This sign? Saw it on Insta.
 Every beach where I live is now closed to all water activities, except for my town, which makes no sense at all because now all the surfers are gonna flock here, fisherman too! But you can still walk or run on the beaches?! WTF!!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:36:13 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 02:55:39 AM »
That article is from a nutjob that has been proven to be a nutjob

https://beachgrit.com/2020/04/an-open-letter-to-scripps-scientist-kim-i-wouldnt-go-in-the-water-for-a-million-dollars-prather-surfline-and-surfrider-if-the-public-continues-to-get-hammered-with-conjecture-as-fact-from-sa/

But of course a bunch of people have jumped on it

That completely blew up on her. For a change, the media actually called her out on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal