Author Topic: Book published on Amazon  (Read 974 times)

nalu-sup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Book published on Amazon
« on: April 15, 2020, 03:43:59 PM »
Some of you might remember that back in October I published a 369 page eBook on Apple Books titled 'The Spirit of Icarus'. I had a lot of comments that I needed to release a print edition, so after a few months of reformatting the entire book for print, the book just released on Amazon this week.

I often describe the book as a Warren Miller film in book form; adventure stories, bits of sports history, with doses of humor and philosophy thrown in. About 2/3s of the book revolves around skiing, and about 100 pages are dedicated to ocean sports like surfing, windsurfing, downwinding, and sailing. There are over 310 photos in the book, including a few supplied by great SUP surfers like Robert Stehlik of Blue Planet Surf, and Australian Andrew Cassidy who you will know well if you spend any time on Seabreeze.

Here is a link to the Amazon print version:https://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Icarus-Tales-Flying-Close/dp/B086PNWNSZ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+spirit+of+icarus&qid=1586875875&sr=8-1

I think that Zoners might enjoy the book as a fun reminder of the adventurous lives we normally lead when we are not cooped up at home from Covid19. For my wife and me, a big part of the current frustration is that we are locked up in a shut-down ski resort, while we have two brand new custom SIC downwind boards waiting for us on Maui. I guess anticipation is half the fun.
8'7" Sunova Flow 
8'8" Sunova SP25
9'0" Elua Makani
9'0" Tabou SupaSurf 
14' SIC Bullet 2020

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal