Author Topic: Breaking News: Chan is as looney as we are.  (Read 1694 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Breaking News: Chan is as looney as we are.
« on: March 21, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »
I have photographic evidence, though as tiny as the picture is it could be anybody. Water temperature 43 degrees F, air temperature 48F. Admin, Chan and I went wing foiling. The wind was good though it had lots of dead spots. Admin and I got in the water about the same time. I have a new O'Neill 3/4.5 technobutter 3 front zip with zip off hood. I wore the hood and gloves but I didn't have my booties. I probably have ten pair up at the shop, but I figured I'd just go in compression socks since my feet don't seem to get all that cold. What a dumb fuck.

Both Admin and I were up and flying right away, maintaining social distance throughout, which is easy to do on a mile-wide river with very few other people out. He was on a 1020 Axis foil with a 4.2 F-one wing. I was on my 101 Axis with the 5.0 F-one. The 101 seemed to appreciate 10 pounds less of blubber to lift, though I'd bet my wetsuit adds most of that back. I popped up easily and was able to pump through the lulls. I got kind of stuck a little on the Washington side because the wind was a lot lighter near the shore on that side, but once I got clued in to stay a few hundred feet out from shore it was easy money. I didn't make a single jibe up on the foil, but my touchdowns were relatively brief. Some of them. Okay, two, but they were good. More or less. On the Oregon side, the wind started right at the shore.

After mowing the lawn for a while I noticed that my feet weren't going where I told them to go. They were no longer cold. It was more like they were no longer under my command. I did a few more runs and decided to call it good. Admin came in right behind me, and to my complete shock Chan came down the Luhr Jensen steps carrying her board. We got out, she got in. She had a perfectly good excuse to bail, but she didn't. When I left to go jump in the steam shower and see if my feet would still work she was still going. Chan probably has about half a cup of body fat. I have about 50 pounds still, well distributed. Admin doesn't have much either but he's certifiable. I though Chan would sit in the car with the heater blasting.

Wrong. Illusion shattered, she's as whacked as we are.

Next time--booties. That was dumb. Nice to wingding on the Columbia though.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:01:10 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: Breaking News: Chan is as looney as we are.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 04:53:10 PM »
Here is tiny Bill and mini me being socially distant.  Chan was so good at it that she refused to launch until we had left the water.

If it is hard to tell us apart, I am the one wearing booties.

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 05:01:54 PM »
Gloves and neoprene face masks would typically have been enough protection, but since one of you was wearing what appeared to be knit socks, full safety precautions were necessary.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 05:17:58 PM »
My father in law sent me a relevant joke: "I heard that wearing just a face mask and gloves was enough for grocery shopping, but that's a lie. The rest of the people were wearing clothes."
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Thatspec

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 07:37:32 PM »

If it is hard to tell us apart, I am the one wearing booties.
;D
Looked at the windcams, thought about it. Got a brand new 5M Gong Pulse that hasn't even been wet yet but I should wait another week in my self imposed quarantine... or until the water hits 50!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 07:40:52 PM »
I'm the dark one with the magenta wing on the white board.

Thatspec

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 07:50:13 PM »
Sure, I recognize you...
That will undoubtedly be the least crowded day of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal