Author Topic: The Virus is getting more spooky - when the Docs get sick - and they are 32!!  (Read 12569 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Wow, a 32 year-old in great shape, front-line medical practitioner.  Apparently he has great hope in the anti-viral, Remdesivir.  I hope he is given the opportunity to use it with great success.     

I generally use a PA too WS, never an issue.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
In two weeks we’re in deep shit according to this.

What pisses me off, people still show up at Kelly Park, for around the US and try to shake my hand.

WTF people.

https://mol.im/a/8095485

https://mol.im/a/8095835

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
It's hard to break old habits I guess.  Just wave them off with a smile...they'll be glad you did.

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
Support your local shaper

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
China builds a 1000 bed hospital in 10 days and the US can't even get test kits distributed. There's a problem there.

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm a PA and feel for this guy. Hope he pulls through. Interesting symptoms and disease course. Getting pretty scary.

Thatspec

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
"I have a hunch" this is being way overblown... been licking doorknobs trying to get this thing and move on already ::)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
"I have a hunch" this is being way overblown... been licking doorknobs trying to get this thing and move on already ::)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:30:48 AM by Admin »

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Under 40 years old are in the 0.2% mortality category.  Not much different than the regular flu. The Over 50 crowd is where it starts looking rough.
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Dwight, that's false modesty. You wish to be noticed... and left alone. You know it doesn't work that way.  It seems DavidJohn must have had the same problem with his little slide videos. Next thing, all sorts show up to rail-bang to get seen.  They were nice videos while they lasted.

The C'hit hits the fan when the virus embeds in Florida. (Wash State nursing homes may be a precursor)  There is a little radio station in Delaware that is still preaching this is a 'hoax' to dethrone the person pictured above.  It will be interesting.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Experts can't determine yet how long the incubation period typically is.  5-14 days is the current thinking.  That is an awfully long time range for the infected to be moving around before they show symptoms.  It is 1 to 3 day for the flu. 

They also don't know how long it lives on hard surfaces but hours to a day is the current thought.  That would be quite long.

The mortality rate is also not yet known for a number of reasons. Countries have each had their own protocols and some are highly motivated not to be truthful.  We have had very asymmetrical testing and as above, many people would not yet know that they are sick.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
You don't want to be in Italy! Based on the web link Tom posted, it's 827 deaths with only 720 recovered.... Not even batting 50% there.

They are sending my daughter home from college because of this. The thing is she has to fly coast to coast with a layover. Planes and airports are no good right now either.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal