Author Topic: 2020 Virtual Cape Cod Bay Challenge  (Read 7875 times)

Chaser

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
2020 Virtual Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« on: July 15, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »
Zoners -

It has been a while since I have posted on the site.  I hope everyone is happy and healthy in this interesting situation we all find ourselves in.

As most of you know the Cape Cod Bay Challenge (CCBC) event has been around for a long time.....2020 was set to be our 13th year for the event.  We have been struggling with not running the event as we have for the past 12 years but like other events have come up with a compromise....a "virtual" charity paddle.

Any time during the week of Saturday, August 1 to Saturday, August 8th, participants will be required to complete a 15-mile route of their choice (in any location around the world!). There will be strict safety provisions paddlers must abide by and participants will be required to raise money for Christopher’s Haven as a part of their commitment to the event.

Since this has always been more of an East Coast event (more specifically Northeast), we would love to have any Zoners from around the world who are interested in joining the CCBC family join us for the virtual paddle.

For those of you aren't familiar with the CCBC, our event raises money for a wonderful non-profit in Boston called Christopher's Haven (www.christophershaven.org).  Christopher’s Haven provides housing to children (and their families) who come to Boston for pediatric cancer treatment. 

While Christopher's Haven may be located in Boston it is not a "local" non-profit.  Children and families from all over the world come to Boston for its world class medical facilities and innovative pediatric cancer treatments. Christopher’s Haven not only provides housing for families who have a child going through cancer treatment but it is a support system to help with things large and small, and a community where families can be together, share a laugh, be comforted, and comfort others. Christopher’s Haven allows kids and families to focus their energies on the challenge of beating cancer. It is an amazing place.   

More information on the event can be found on our Eventbrite page: 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-cape-cod-bay-challenge-virtual-paddle-registration-101481285256

Paddle On!

Chaser

Whatever floats me

Chaser

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2020 Virtual Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 07:15:51 AM »
Event Poster:

Whatever floats me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal