Author Topic: harness updates  (Read 7508 times)

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
harness updates
« on: March 01, 2020, 02:58:15 AM »
are there some harness updates?
big brands are not producing a dedicated harness foil so as far as i understand from your recommendation the best harness right now is from dakine...
I have a Duotone (so with boom), what is the correct length of the cord to attach at the boom?
thanks!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: harness updates
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 06:32:53 AM »
This harness line. It works on handle wings too because you can untie and reassemble on the handle.

https://www.dakine.com/collections/windsurf-accessories/products/dakine-lines?variant=29225286467664

For harnesses, the Dakine Cameleon is still king. It’s softer and more flexible than Dakine’s new minimalist harness. Just be sure to remove the seat. It’s attached with velcro.

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 08:10:35 AM »
Thank you Dwight! You are always on point  ;)

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 10:07:29 AM »
Good one, Dwight...  Thanks.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

WingSurfPeterT

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 05:52:12 AM »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 07:24:02 AM »
Leave it to NSI, nice stuff. That’s a substantial improvement over my simple belt and maniac Hook, though I think having the option of shoving the hook to the side or back trumps having padding. I’ll drop by there next week and show them what I’ve been doing and perhaps they can come up with something in between.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 09:31:59 AM »
Saw some pics of a new rideengine wing harness somewhere that looked really nice but can't seem to find them......

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 09:38:42 AM »
Ozone has a wing specific harness coming. Looks like a stripped down snow kite harness.

https://www.mackiteboarding.com/ozone-connect-v1-wing-wingfoiling-harness/

Mike dubs

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 12:36:18 PM »
Get an RDX neoprene weight belt and stick a hook or reel leash and uv got a perfect wing harness.
https://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36817.0;attach=108916;image

Mike

Dontsink

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 12:56:33 PM »
I just finished a copy of the NSI plastic hook.
Will test it tomorrow on a normal waist harness and if it works i will get a diver belt with nylon buckle and add board and wing leash attachments.
The NSI plastic hook is super simple, but initial impression of my copy is very good, stays in the right position,can be slid out of the way and it flops flat if you lay down on it.Cool.

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 01:03:48 PM »
Leave it to NSI, nice stuff. That’s a substantial improvement over my simple belt and maniac Hook, though I think having the option of shoving the hook to the side or back trumps having padding. I’ll drop by there next week and show them what I’ve been doing and perhaps they can come up with something in between.
That’s what I’m talking about finally a company making a decent “simple”winging belt/ harness,although the plastic hook looks nice like to see a backing plate like the maniac hook where belt webbing threads through enables bit more stabilization of hook,if they do this pretty close to a home run for NSI I’m definitely going to test one out props to NSI
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 01:05:05 PM »
Will test it tomorrow on a normal waist harness and if it works i will get a diver belt with nylon buckle and add board and wing leash attachments.
The NSI plastic hook is super simple, but initial impression of my copy is very good, stays in the right position,can be slid out of the way and it flops flat if you lay down on it.Cool.
Like to see it any Picts ?
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

Dontsink

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 01:11:14 PM »
Like to see it any Picts ?

My phone refuses to uoload pics here, but you can see the original and my copy here  https://mega.nz/folder/ZfAkWRYL#jJPrD2gJB3VOjYRDN3E2qQ

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 07:29:16 PM »
That’s what I’m talking about finally a company making a decent “simple”winging belt/ harness,although the plastic hook looks nice like to see a backing plate like the maniac hook where belt webbing threads through enables bit more stabilization of hook,if they do this pretty close to a home run for NSI I’m definitely going to test one out props to NSI

I've thought a million times about trying to buy NSI--but I decided I'd just fuck it up. It's a super cool little company that does serious manufacturing in a tiny space. My shop is five times the size and one-tenth the efficiency. They're just flat-out smart. A zillion companies could have grabbed up distribution of RSPro stuff--hell, I thought about it--but NSI did it. Everything they make is useful, and everything they distribute is top-notch. A lot of it gets made right in that dinky shop. Amazing.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal