Author Topic: New 2020 wing by DUOTONE  (Read 35063 times)

obxDave

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: New 2020 wing by DUOTONE
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2020, 10:32:40 AM »
Cool video!
Let’s see next week how it behaves in the water!
Do you have one (or more) already?  I have a 6m and 4m Echo on order. Just watching him ride that 5m, I know that is the wing brand I want to be on. Just my preference. Some really cool, smooth new transition moves mixed in there.  Just watching I can see how much more rigid they are compared to my well used originals.  Even when he is on the backwinded side of a 360 the wing doesn’t do the whole flop back into to me thing like mine does. Kinda cool how they can grab the tensioner line for on the fly de power capability (an unplanned benefit).

One other thing. He is on the new Fanatic foil wings. Much higher aspect ratio, much flatter and lower profile (less volume). I would guess these aren’t quite as extreme as something like the GoFoil GL wings, but not far from it either. And he is carving/turning with lots of speed and stability. That is the type of wing I’m anxious to try.   Also note that Patrice at Gong has a new set of similar high aspect foil wings coming out (Veloce; thin and flatter as well) that he claims are still very well balanced for great turning/carving behavior for wing foiling. I won’t hesitate to pick up one these puppies in the 1600 sq cm size range (sorry Axis).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:39:51 AM by obxDave »

obxDave

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2020, 10:35:18 AM »
But what the heck do I know!?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:37:54 AM by obxDave »

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »
Cool video!
Let’s see next week how it behaves in the water!
Do you have one (or more) already?  I have a 6m and 4m Echo on order. Just watching him ride that 5m, I know that is the wing brand I want to be on. Just my preference. Some really cool, smooth new transition moves mixed in there.  Just watching I can see how much more rigid they are compared to my well used originals.  Even when he is on the backwinded side of a 360 the wing doesn’t do the whole flop back into to me thing like mine does. Kinda cool how they can grab the tensioner line for on the fly de power capability (an unplanned benefit).

One other thing. He is on the new Fanatic foil wings. Much higher aspect ratio, much flatter and lower profile (less volume). I would guess these aren’t quite as extreme as something like the GoFoil GL wings, but not far from it either. And he is carving/turning with lots of speed and stability. That is the type of wing I’m anxious to try.   Also note that Patrice at Gong has a new set of similar high aspect foil wings coming out (Veloce; thin and flatter as well) that he claims are still very well balanced for great turning/carving behavior for wing foiling. I won’t hesitate to pick up one these puppies in the 1600 sq cm size range (sorry Axis).

yes i have already the 5mt and next week are delivering the 4 mt and Sky wing 5'0.
i could not try it yet in the water because of the lock down but next week water sport activities will be hopefully allowed.
I only pump it in the garden and yes, it's way more rigid and solid compared to last year model.
regarding the Foils, i use now full carbon Moses 790 front wing which is very stable, i will try for sure the new Fanatic High Aspect but they will not arrive here before end of June and honestly i'm waiting the full carbon (mast too) version which they are working on it.
Anyways Echo is for sure an amazing upgrade from last year model.

obxDave

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2020, 05:04:38 PM »
Cool! I’ll be looking forward to hearing more about your experience with the Echo’s

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2020, 07:42:43 AM »
What is this Duotone? Kane on a strutted wing with window. Swipe to 2nd slide to see it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_1fIpnDCBf/?igshid=1k2b4d4bois1z

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
What is the first wing (light blue /grey /black)?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 08:39:34 AM by Admin »

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2020, 08:52:52 AM »
the Duotone Strutted is the new Wing called UNIT made for waveriding. I guess they update the new wing with the windows.
here is the description on a leaked document:

A lightweight and simple wing that packs down small, making it perfect for riders who travel and value a straightforward, very stable setup with incredible drifting abilities!
The Unit is a wing that is perfect for waves, downwind and freeride. The team worked hard to create a shape that
is incredibly stable when totally depowered, as when you’re using a wave’s energy and the wing is just flagging behind. One key element is maximum performance and smooth handling, even in strong and gusty conditions.
When depowered, the lightweight construction guarantees a smooth drift, making surfing swell or waves so incredibly easy and comfortable. During floating before take-off, the Unit delivers plenty of power to get you up
on the foil fast. The amazing maneuverability makes jibes, freestyle and cruising in waves absolutely effortless.
An ergonomically shaped strut improves the overall handling and the EVA covered handles offer the best grip and comfort you could possibly wish for. The stiff leading edge, with both a firm Dacron material and an optimized diameter, is the best solution for optimum performance. Due to the clean, tight canopy with great trailing edge/leech tension, the Unit is a really solid construction with lots of power and stability.
The whole setup is designed for super easy rigging: just inflate and go, that’s it. It also packs down small and is perfect for taking on adventures. Don’t let the simplicity fool you though, the performance will impress. Whether you are wave riding, cruising downwind, or just starting your wing journey, the Unit has you covered. Balanced, easy to use, fast to set up and suitable for a wide range of disciplines the Unit is the wing to choose if you want the performance in a small package.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2020, 09:37:21 AM »
What is the first wing (light blue /grey /black)?

Ensis

No idea who is behind the brand.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2020, 01:06:46 PM »
Ensis comes from the Latin language and means sword. Sword, dorsal fin, fin ... Without Ensis you are lost at sea.

Ensis aims to offer high quality products at a fair price. Long-standing water sports enthusiasts and surf industry designers stand behind the Ensis brand. This know-how is paired with Swiss quality thinking and Switzerland as a development location.

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2020, 04:38:19 AM »
This video includes footage of both the new Echo wing and the new Sky Wing board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3V8WMzckE

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2020, 05:58:34 AM »
Get out your German-to-English book..  without, you can still see some pretty good detail. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loop_iwR32U

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2020, 07:55:19 AM »
Here's a close visual look at the Echo and how it's set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCKwYgVG5Ao
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:57:33 AM by deja vu »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2020, 08:49:48 AM »
I would be stoked to see some weights for all of this new stuff.  It looks like their should be a lot of lighter options now.

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2020, 04:48:59 PM »
I don't know about the Wings but here are the stats for the three Sky Wing foil boards:

Sizes
SKY Wing 4'8'' 55L 22" / 56 cm 4'8" / 142 cm 2x US Track - 5.79Kg (12.8 lbs)
SKY Wing 5'0'' 75L 24" / 61 cm 5'0" / 152 cm 2x US Track - 6.58Kg (14.5 lbs)
SKY Wing 5'4'' 95L 26" / 66 cm 5'4" / 163 cm 2x US Track - 7.27Kg (16 lbs)

The weight of these boards seems a little on the high side.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:56:25 PM by deja vu »

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2020, 05:48:41 PM »
Get out your German-to-English book..  without, you can still see some pretty good detail. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loop_iwR32U

Jim
You can go to settings, click subtitles German, then play. then settings- subtitles again and click translate and select language. after that I usually turn off the sound, and slow down the video FWIW
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:48:01 PM by Fishman »
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal