Author Topic: Gotta get back to SUP  (Read 3847 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Gotta get back to SUP
« on: February 22, 2020, 08:19:46 AM »
Did a session with Tom in SD last week. (Soooo appreciated btw, thank you) and it was my first Surf SUP session in a year. Lots of reasons but mainly I’ve wanted to focus on prone skills.

One, your surfing translates. I am a far better SUP surfer for taking the last two years off. And two, while different, I will now maintain that standup surfing requires a level of fitness that is actually beyond prone surfing. Sure, my shoulders and back are stronger for long boarding these months. But my body and heart were way more worked in 90 min of SUP on a shorter board (7’5”.) so while I’m about to start a foil adventure, I’ll also be SUP foiling for sure and hope to build another 9’-ish SUS board too.

Both or all 3 kinds of boards will be on my car this year.

Pono, that SD paddle out is a bear, no?

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta get back to SUP
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 04:41:30 PM »
Don't listen to him Pono, it was small surf and very low tide. Getting in was easy_peasy, not the shit I took you to. Anyway, it was a gas supping with you cowboy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:43:09 PM by Tom »

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 05:34:11 PM »
Haha! For sure it was. Had there been any size I’d have grabbed a burrito sooner. ;)

But seriously, gotta put some miles in this spring.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 08:40:30 PM »
I was pretty sure Tom was trying to kill me.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal