Author Topic: packing up your wing  (Read 5554 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: packing up your wing
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2020, 05:48:57 PM »
Totally agree paddlur,  windsurfing companies kiting companies in now wing companies make the storage bags way too small. You have to be an origami expert or laundry expert to pack the wing, sail or kite back into the original bag. I don’t know why they make them so exact when it would be so easy just to make them a little bit larger and more accommodating.
Amen to this.  My Unit bag for my 6m is a joke.  I love the wing but the bag, man what were they thinking?  We have a ton of old windsurf bags because Shirley does sail repair and many have just walked away from their sails.  Now it turns out great for me because of the bag I poached.  The sails, never repaired, end up in the dump

Sails make great sun shades, especially if you sew a few together. I saw a canopy near a house we rented near Mission Beach in San Diego that had probably ten windsurfing sails sewn together. It was extremely cool.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2020, 10:09:14 PM »
Totally agree paddlur,  windsurfing companies kiting companies in now wing companies make the storage bags way too small. You have to be an origami expert or laundry expert to pack the wing, sail or kite back into the original bag. I don’t know why they make them so exact when it would be so easy just to make them a little bit larger and more accommodating.
Amen to this.  My Unit bag for my 6m is a joke.  I love the wing but the bag, man what were they thinking?  We have a ton of old windsurf bags because Shirley does sail repair and many have just walked away from their sails.  Now it turns out great for me because of the bag I poached.  The sails, never repaired, end up in the dump

Sails make great sun shades, especially if you sew a few together. I saw a canopy near a house we rented near Mission Beach in San Diego that had probably ten windsurfing sails sewn together. It was extremely cool.
Cool if you're the Beverly Hillbillies.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 02:04:50 PM »
Hey... I literally resemble that statement.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal