Author Topic: F-One Rocket Wing - 3 Different Models?  (Read 5005 times)

Seattle-Wind

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
F-One Rocket Wing - 3 Different Models?
« on: February 11, 2020, 08:45:51 AM »
On the F-One website they're showcasing 3 distinct Rocket Wing boards - specifically designed for wing foiling. Can anyone explain the differences between the 3?

1) https://www.f-one.world/product/rocket-wing/

2) https://www.f-one.world/product/rocket-wing-2/

3) https://www.f-one.world/product/rocket-wing-3/

Models 2 & 3 appear similar in terms of sizes on the shorter models, but model 3 is orange instead of yellow. The construction for all 3 look the same - Bamboo.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: F-One Rocket Wing - 3 Different Models?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 10:47:48 AM »
One critical feature for me (either for myself or thinking forward to resale) is the ability to mount footstraps.  From a quick scan, the Orange seems the best option ...if I was picking from this lineup.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

gulljammer

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 03:26:38 AM »
I asked the same question recently at a shop that sells F-One. I was told the the orange board is the update 2020 version of the yellow board. If this the case why does F-One show the older versions which I would assume are unavailable. 

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 05:11:42 AM »
I heard from a buddy that works for F1 that the yellow ones where made for promo use for team riders and then dealers wanted them so F1 ended up producing a few and had to add them to the website. The orange models were the intentional design for public release.

Seattle-Wind

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 11:08:40 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I spoke with a shop this morning who called F-One directly, they said the same thing as FLKiter, yellow ones were prototypes and are no longer being sold, the orange boards are the 2020's.

One thing to note, none of the Rocket Wings have foot strap inserts. The orange 2020's look like they do in the photos, but those are just little holes in the deck pad, presumably for grip. I saw the orange board in person and can confirm that there's no foot strap inserts. Seems like there should be, although I've never ridden with straps.

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 01:43:44 PM »
I think that sucks that they skipped the straps. I like having that option.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

Seattle-Wind

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 04:25:54 PM »
I think that sucks that they skipped the straps. I like having that option.

Agreed - and these boards are pricey! $1,580 for a 5'10 board.

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 06:13:05 PM »
I've ridden the 5'10", I much prefer my 5'1" DW board over it. Same volume but smaller. The F1 was balanced and took off from the water quickly but for the liters, it could of been way smaller but, you can probly prone it if you wanted to. The track placement required you were way to the tail to get flight so that left ya with a lot of nose while riding. Made me feel like I was winging a sup foil. I did try it at a demo and most first time riders were able to get up and ride on it. It's hard for the production companies to be a head of the custom made boards so for a production board designed for people getting into to wing sport, it was very good. Should come with the strap options for sure for the price they're asking.
I've found a few companies have been running just a limited number of boards at a time since the designs and trends are changing so rapidly.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 08:04:36 AM »
Makes no sense not to have strap inserts.  Lots of us use them.  The stickies work well but...

Seattle-Wind

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 08:05:33 AM »
I've ridden the 5'10", I much prefer my 5'1" DW board over it. Same volume but smaller. The F1 was balanced and took off from the water quickly but for the liters, it could of been way smaller but, you can probly prone it if you wanted to. The track placement required you were way to the tail to get flight so that left ya with a lot of nose while riding. Made me feel like I was winging a sup foil. I did try it at a demo and most first time riders were able to get up and ride on it. It's hard for the production companies to be a head of the custom made boards so for a production board designed for people getting into to wing sport, it was very good. Should come with the strap options for sure for the price they're asking.
I've found a few companies have been running just a limited number of boards at a time since the designs and trends are changing so rapidly.

Thanks for the feedback on the 5'10 Rocket Wing, that was the board I was leaning towards, but am thinking twice now after hearing your feedback on it. I'm looking to downsize from my 7'10 board, which has been great to learn on but now I'm more advanced and need something a little livelier. What is the DW board I keep reading about? Are they a wing specific board? Who makes them?

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 08:14:11 AM »
https://www.supsurfmachines.com/
Dwight's on the forum. His boards are game changers.

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 11:27:28 AM »
The fone board are nice and the 6'6 looks good but if I had that choice it will be dwight's board for sure  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal